How To Perform HP Officejet 3830 Setup?
HP OfficeJet 3830 is an All-in-One printer with a touchscreen control panel for easy access through printer settings. The HP OfficeJet 3830 printer setup involves unboxing and basic configuration, installing the ink cartridges, loading paper, and installing the printer software. For detailed instructions about the HP Officejet 3830 Setup, go through the steps given below.
Unboxing and basic configuration:
- First, unpack your printer from the package.
- Take out the printer supplies and keep them away for later use.
- Remove the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Next, connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord and turn it on.
- Select your desired language from the Language menu on the touchscreen panel.
- Confirm your language by touching the Yes button.
- Select your country/region and set the correct date & time.
Installing the ink cartridges:
- Keep the supplied ink cartridges handy.
- Open the exterior door first and then the ink cartridge door.
- Wait for the carriage to move to the center of your printer.
- Unpack the ink cartridges and remove the protective films from them.
- Avoid touching the copper-colored parts on the cartridges to prevent poor print quality.
- Install the tri-color ink cartridges into the left slot and the black ink cartridge into the right slot.
- After verifying that the ink cartridges are installed correctly into the printer, close the ink cartridge access door followed by the exterior door.
- Raise the paper input tray and slide the paper guides apart.
- Fan a paper stack and load it into the rear feed slot.
- Slide the paper guides to touch the edges of the paper stack.
- Pull the output tray out from the printer and raise the tray extender.
- Tap OK on the touchscreen panel to print the alignment page.
- Scan the alignment page and complete the ink cartridge alignment by following the on-screen prompts.
Installing the printer software:
- On your computer, download the HP printer software from the official HP site.
- Run the downloaded HP printer software and agree to the EULA.
- Install the required software by selecting them in the printer setup wizard.
- Choose your connection type from the options displayed in the printer software and establish the connection between your printer and computer.
- Finally, print a test page remotely from your computer to complete the printer software installation.
HP OFFICEJET 3830 USB CABLE SETUP
You can directly connect your printer to your Mac computer via a USB cable before installing any HP printer software for macOS. For Windows, you should not connect your printer to your computer until prompted by the driver installation wizard. Always use a standard USB cable to connect your printer and computer to avoid USB connection issues. To start the USB connection setup on your Windows computer, follow these steps.
- Disconnect the USB cable connected to your Windows computer, if any.
- Go to Settings –> Devices –> Printers & Scanners.
- Remove the name of your printer from the list.
- Download the HP Smart app from the official HP site or Microsoft Store.
- Run the downloaded app and sign in to your HP account.
- Click the Add icon or plus symbol at the top of the HP Smart app.
- If prompted, select the USB option as your connection type.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to establish the connection between your printer and computer.
- Once you have added your HP OfficeJet 3830 printer to your Windows computer, verify the connection by printing a test page.
HP OFFICEJET 3830 SOFTWARE INSTALL
Downloading the HP Easy Start software:
- On your Windows computer, open the default browser after ensuring that the Internet connection is stable.
- Go to the official HP site and enter your printer’s model number in the search field. Hit the Enter key.
- Click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab from the left-side panel.
- Wait until your Windows OS version is detected automatically by HP. If not, click on the Choose a different OS link at the top and select your Windows OS version from the drop-down menu.
- Click Update and expand the Software-Utility tab.
- Click Download below HP Easy Start Printer Setup Software.
- Wait until the software is downloaded to your computer.
Installing the HP Easy Start software:
- Close all the running programs and run the downloaded HP Easy Start software by double-clicking the setup file from the Downloads folder.
- If the device prompts for User Account Control, click the Yes button.
- Ensure that your printer is powered on.
- Connect your printer to your Windows computer using a standard USB cable.
- In the HP Easy Start window, select the checkbox to agree to the EULA and click Continue.
- Check if your printer is detected automatically by the HP Easy Start software and displayed on the Printer found screen.
- If your printer is not detected, click the My Printer is Not Shown button and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Finish the software installation and print a test page to verify the connection between your printer and computer.
HP OFFICEJET 3830 SCANNER SETUP
Using the HP Smart app:
- To begin with, turn on your HP OfficeJet 3830 printer and place the original document on the scanner glass.
- Connect your printer and computer via a USB cable or over a wireless network.
- On your computer, launch the HP Smart app and sign in to your HP account.
- Click the Scan tile after ensuring that your printer’s name is selected.
- Select an option from the menu bar and click the Get Started button.
- In the Scan window, click the Scanner tab at the top-left corner and specify the scan settings such as scan job type, size, color, and resolution.
- Click Scan to scan your document and save it to your computer.
- In the Edit window, you can add another page for scanning.
- Once the scan is complete, click Done and select OK.
HP OFFICEJET 3830 WIRELESS SETUP
Connecting print to Wi-Fi using the Wireless Setup Wizard:
- Before starting, restore the wireless network settings to factory defaults (if this is not the first-time setup)
- Place your printer close to your router.
- You should know the wireless credentials such as SSID and network key.
- Turn on your printer and go to the touchscreen panel.
- Tap the Wireless icon and select the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- Wait for the printer to show the nearby networks.
- Select your SSID from the displayed list and enter the network key.
- Once the connection is made, print a wireless test report to verify the connection.
- If you cannot connect your printer over Wi-Fi using the Wireless Setup Wizard, try the WPS Push Button method.
Connecting your printer and computer wirelessly:
- To begin with, connect your Windows computer to the same wireless network.
- Install the HP Smart app on your computer and launch it.
- If prompted, sign in to your HP account. If you don’t have an HP account, create a new one.
- Click the Set Up a New Printer button and wait until your printer is detected.
- If your printer is not detected, select the Wireless option as your connection type and click Continue.
- Carry out the on-screen instructions and connect your printer to your computer.
- Once the wireless connection is made, print a test page to verify the connection.
- Now we successfully performed wireless HP Officejet 3830 Setup
HP OFFICEJET 3830 BLUETOOTH SETUP
The HP OfficeJet 3830 printer doesn’t support Bluetooth connectivity and so you cannot perform the Bluetooth setup to connect your printer and smartphone. However, you can go with mobile printing options to connect your printer over Wi-Fi.
HP OFFICEJET 3830 FAX SETUP
Preparing the Fax setup:
- Start by connecting the supplied telephone line cord to your printer’s LINE port.
- Next, connect the other end of the telephone line cord to a telephone wall jack.
- Turn on your printer and go to the touchscreen panel.
- Navigate to the Setup menu to select the Fax option.
- Set the Fax header, Answer mode, Rings to answer, Ring type, Dial type, and Fax volume.
- Test the fax setup by printing a Fax Test Report.
Sending a Fax:
- To begin with, place the original document on the scanner glass.
- Go to the touchscreen panel and select the option to send a Fax.
- Specify the fax sender and receiver number.
- You can also select the fax receiver from the Address Book (if applicable).
- After selecting the required fax settings, tap the Send button to send the fax.
CONNECT HP OFFICEJET 3830 TO MAC
You can connect your HP OfficeJet 3830 printer directly to your Mac using a standard USB cable and install the HP Smart app for remote access. Alternatively, you can connect your printer to your Mac wirelessly using the HP Smart app.
- Remove the USB cable connected to your printer, if any
- Download the HP Smart app from the official HP site or App Store and save it on your Mac.
- Verify if you have completed the basic HP Officejet 3830 Setup .
Connecting printer and Mac wirelessly:
- Connect your Mac to your local wireless network.
- Launch the HP Smart app and sign in to your HP account.
- Click the plus symbol or add icon at the top of the HP Smart app.
- Wait until your printer is detected automatically by the HP Smart app. If not, select the Wireless option as your connection type and follow the on-screen prompts to connect your printer over Wi-Fi. This will add the printer to the HP Smart app as well.
- After this, select the System Preferences option from the Apple menu and click the Print & Scan icon.
- Click the Add icon at the bottom-left corner and add your printer to the Mac computer.
HP OFFICEJET 3830 NOT CONNECTING TO WIFI
- If your HP OfficeJet 3830 printer is not connecting to your Wi-Fi network, check if you have entered the correct wireless credentials.
- Place your printer close to your router to reduce Wi-Fi interference.
- Try connecting your printer over Wi-Fi using the WPS Push Button method.
- Print a wireless test report to verify whether you have properly connected your printer to your wireless network.
- If the problem persists, download the HP Print and Scan Doctor diagnostic tool from the official HP site and save it to your computer.
- Launch the downloaded diagnostic tool and click the Start button.
- Select your printer and run the diagnostic test to automatically fix the wireless connection issues.
- Now we learned how to perform wireless HP Officejet 3830 Setup and troubleshoot the issues.