Hp Officejet 3831 Not Taking Paper
HP OfficeJet 3831 is an All-in-One printer that comes with InkJet print technology. The printer is easy to connect with any device with an active internet connection through the wireless feature. Though it has many admirable features, it comes through some technical issues like not taking paper. It is one of the common issues that occur due to placing the wrong paper type or damaged paper. It can be fixed by following simple and easy steps.
Steps to fix the issue of HP OfficeJet 3831 not taking paper
Check the paper condition
- Make sure that you place the paper on the paper support correctly.
- Because placing it wrong will result in the printer not taking paper.
- Remove the paper from the paper support. Check whether there is any damage to the paper.
- Using damaged paper will also result in the printer being unable to take the paper.
Reload the paper
- Make sure that you remove the unfit paper from the printer and reload it.
- Raise the paper support and align the paper guide to make the paper fit in the tray.
- Place the paper on the tray by keeping the printable side facing up and adjust the paper guide.
- Now run a test print and ensure that the paper feeds.
Clean the paper pick rollers
- Having dust or dirt in the paper pick rollers will also lead to these kinds of issues. So try to clean the paper pick rollers and run a test print.
- Make sure that you remove the paper from the paper support and disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Now lower the paper support.
- Open the input tray shield. Lift and hold it to locate the pick rollers on the printer's rear side.
- Locate the two gray paper pick rollers and clean them to remove the dust from the pick rollers.
- After cleaning the pick rollers, close the input tray shield and wait few minutes until the pick rollers are dried.
- Now, connect the power cord and load the paper on the paper support.
- Run a test print and make sure it works.
Still, if your HP OfficeJet 3831 printer is not taking paper, contact us for assistance.