Hp Officejet 5255 Driver Is Unavailable
When you connect your HP OfficeJet 5255 printer to a Windows computer with all the necessary drivers installed on it, if you see the driver unavailable message, it means the driver is outdated or corrupted. Let’s see how to fix this issue on the Windows computer.
Steps to update Windows:
- On the Windows computer, click the Start icon and then click the Setting icon.
- In the Settings window, select Update & Security.
- If the driver is outdated and the computer can’t connect to the HP printer, update the Windows driver.
- Click Check for updates on the Update & Security screen. If there is any latest driver available, start updating it.
- Once the driver update is complete, restart the computer and check the driver unavailable issue is fixed.
Steps to reinstall the printer driver:
- On the Windows computer, click the Start icon and then type device manager in the search box.
- Click Device Manager from the best match.
- On the Device Manager screen, right-click on the printer driver and then select Update driver.
- Make sure the computer is connected to the Internet.
- Now, click the Search automatically for updated driver software option, and the computer will automatically download the driver from the manufacturer's website.
- If you’ve already downloaded the latest driver on the computer, click Browse my computer for drivers and search the latest driver on the computer to install it.
Steps to download and install the driver manually:
- If you can’t find any driver in automatic search, uninstall the driver from your computer.
- Go to your manufacturer site and directly download the driver.
- Once the driver download is completed, install the driver on your computer manually.
- Now, restart your computer and connect your printer to the computer.
- Print a test print and check the printer connectivity.
- If the problem occurs again, press the power button and turn OFF the printer.
- Remove the power cord from the printer and wait for few minutes.
- Now, connect the power cord to the printer and turn ON the printer.
- Place the printer near the router and check the network connection.
- Make sure the HP printer and the router are connected to the same network.
- Now, you have successfully cleared the HP OfficeJet 5255 driver unavailable issue on the Windows computer.