Hp Officejet 5255 Ink Cartridge Problem
Over a period, you may face issues with your printer's cartridges. But you can quickly fix the issue with a proper diagnosis. The problem might have occurred while installing the cartridges, printing a document, or replacing the cartridges. Try out all the troubleshooting techniques mentioned below and fix the issue in no time.
Clean the cartridges
- If you encounter an error after the cartridge installation, remove the cartridge and check whether you have removed the plastic tape from each cartridge. Then, reinsert the cartridges into their holders. If it doesn't work, you can go ahead and clean the cartridges.
- With your HP printer powered on, open the cartridge access door and remove the specific cartridge which has caused the error (you can identify the cartridge with the error message on the printer’s display screen).
- Locate the copper-colored contacts of the cartridge and wipe them with a damp cloth. Also, wipe the electrical contacts in the print carriage inside the printer.
- Reinstall the cartridges and close the access door.
- Check whether the error has disappeared. If you cannot fix the issue yet, go to the next step.
Check the cartridge number
- Verify that the cartridges you have installed match your printer and country.
- Open the cartridge door of your HP printer and wait until the carriage stops moving.
- Inspect the model number of each cartridge and verify that it is compatible with your printer and region; you can check it in the HP Store. If you find any incompatible cartridges, replace them first.
Power-cycle your printer
- A simple power-cycle can help you fix most of the significant issues. To proceed further, go ahead with the steps mentioned below:
- Turn off your HP printer and unplug the power cord.
- Leave the printer undisturbed for a minute.
- Reinsert the power cord and turn on your printer.
- Now, check whether you have resolved the issue.
Reset your printer
- Resetting your printer will return the settings to what they used to be when it first came out of the box. It can help you fix the basic printer issues. To reset your printer, go ahead with the steps mentioned below:
- On the printer's home screen, tap Setup> Tools> Restore Factory Defaults.
- Follow the onscreen instructions, and then your printer will be reset to the defaults.
Try out all the troubleshooting methods mentioned and fix the issue in no time. If you cannot fix the ink cartridge problem yet, you can reach out to us.