Fix: HP Officejet 5255 Not Printing Color
HP OfficeJet 5255 is a wireless inkjet printer that is ideal for small businesses and family usage. It has a lot of scanning and wireless features, which make it stand out among its peers. Due to its compact design and minimal controls, it will be an ideal choice for many first-time buyers. HP OfficeJet 5255 can bear up to 100 sheets, so you don’t have to replace the paper too often, and the input tray can be adjusted to support most of the popular paper formats. In this article, we’ll list out some of the most useful troubleshooting methods that can help you solve the HP Officejet 5255 Not Printing Color issue.
TURN ON THE PRINTER AT REGULAR SESSIONS:
- When you don't use the printer for long, the ink dries up in the nozzles.
- Turning ON the printer for a while will trigger it to run a mini cleaning cycle.
- This step will also help the ink flow again through the nozzles.
RESET THE PRINTER:
- First, turn off your HP OfficeJet printer.
- Disconnect the machine from the power outlet.
- Leave the printer as it is for about one to two minutes.
- Again, connect the power cord and turn on the printer.
LOOK FOR ANY EMPTY CARTRIDGES:
- Open the front cover of your printer.
- Check if your printer’s ink cartridges are appropriately fitted into the respective slots.
- If possible, shake the ink cartridges well before installing them again.
- If the ink is not enough, try replacing the old ink cartridge with a new one.
- Close the front cover.
- Try to print a test page to know whether the printer is performing well.
- Go to the Start button.
- Search for Control Panel and then click on Drivers and Printers.
- Right-click on the printer name and select Properties.
- Click on the Hardware option and then click on Clean ink.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to clean the printhead.
UPDATE WINDOWS TO ITS LATEST VERSION:
- Go to the Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Click on the Install Updates option.
- Windows will start updating to the latest OS version available for your PC.
- Once the update is done, check whether the printing issue is fixed.
REMOVE AND RE-ADD THE PRINTER:
- Click on the Windows Start icon.
- Type the text - Devices and printers in the search bar.
- Locate your HP printer name.
- Right-click on your printer icon and click Remove Device.
- Wait for a few minutes and re-add the printer to your computer via a USB cable.
- In the Control Panel window, check the Use Printer Offline option. If it is selected, deselect it now.
MAKE YOUR HP PRINTER THE DEFAULT ONE:
- While adding the printer, make sure that you set your HP printer as the default one. If you click Print, and your HP printer is not the default one, then the system may try to connect to a different printer.
- Go to Windows Start menu > Control Panel window > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the HP printer and select Set as default printer.
UPDATE THE PRINTER DRIVERS:
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type the text - devmgmt.msc and press the OK button.
- Expand the Printer section.
- Locate and right-click on your HP printer for driver update.
- Select Search automatically for driver.
- Now, you will witness that your Windows Operating System will look for any pending driver updates.
Note: Connect the PC to the Internet, as your PC needs a network connection to download the new printer drivers.
- Once the updates are installed successfully, restart your PC.
- Check if there is any improvement in the overall printing. See if the “not printing color” problem is solved.
Most of the printing issues are easy to resolve. If the HP Officejet 5255 Not Printing Color issue is unsolved, then call our technicians to get the best help possible.