Fix: HP Officejet 5255 Not Printing Correctly
Being a color InkJet printer from HP, the OfficeJet 5255 printer can print, scan, copy, and literally do anything a printer can. The printer possesses some amazing features like the automatic document feeder, built-in faxing, wireless connectivity, and wireless printing with AirPrint. The printer works wonders with the Windows and Mac operating systems.With the printing functions the HP OfficeJet 5255 printer possesses, it oozes text quality, text speed, and graphics detail (for photo prints). Let us see how to fix HP Officejet 5255 Not Printing Correctly.
The printer shows how crisp the documents can be printed and how clear the prints can be. This OfficeJet printer scores more uniform print types with smoother curves and sharper edges.
When you think of HP OfficeJet 5255 print functions, you have the following:
- Duplex printing
- Borderless printing
Despite some of the finest printing options the HP OfficeJet 5255 printer offers, there are chances of it not printing properly. If you are facing such minor printing issues, here are the troubleshooting methods to resolve them.
What makes the printer not print properly?
- The printer must be offline.
- Check the USB cable if you have opted for a wired setup.
- Follow the commands on the printer display if you have encountered some error.
Fix 1: Resolve offline printer issue
There are high chances for the HP OfficeJet 5255 printer to go offline. Offline issues are pretty common. A printer’s functionality depends on the network connection. So, check your Internet connection first if your printer is offline. The best answer to this issue is to set the printer as the default printing machine.
- Open Control Panel.
- Click the Devices and Printers option.
- Select the HP OfficeJet printer that appears to be offline.
- Do a right-click and select the Set as default printer option.
- Click the Apple icon on your Mac computer.
- When the list opens, click the System Preferences option.
- Select either the Print & Scan option or the Printers & Scanners option.
- Select the HP printer that is offline from the list of printers in the left section.
- Click the Print tab.
- Below the printer, you will find three sections.
- In the Kind: section, make sure the printer is seen.
- At the bottom of the same window, click the Default Printer drop-down list and select the HP printer from the list.
Once the printer is online, you can print correctly.
Fix 2: Reset the printer
Resetting the printer is said to be one of the easiest fixes to resolve problems.
- Ensure that the printer is turned on.
- Remove the power cord connected to the printer and the main power source.
- Wait for the printer to cool down for a couple of minutes.
- Connect the power cord back to the main power source and to the rear end of the printer.
- Press the Power button.
Fix 3: Run the Windows Troubleshooter
- Click the Windows icon present on the desktop screen.
- In the search bar, type Troubleshoot.
- Click the suggestion that goes by the name Troubleshoot settings.
- Click the option and wait for the Windows Troubleshooter window to open.
- Under the Troubleshoot section, choose the Printer option.
- Click the Run the troubleshooter button.
Wait for the troubleshooter to resolve the issue. Try to print from the HP OfficeJet 5255 printer and you will no longer face the HP Officejet 5255 Not Printing Correctly. issue.
Fix 4: Check the cartridges
The ink cartridges are the primary ones that would allow the printer to print. In this case, there could be a problem with the ink cartridges.
- Ensure that the printer is turned on.
- Open the cartridge access door.
- Open the latch that is covering the cartridge slot and remove the cartridge.
- Check if you have the protective tape peeled off from the cartridge.
- If your cartridge needs to be replaced, keep the old one aside.
- Unpack the new cartridge from the sealed packaging.
- Ensure that you remove the protective tape surrounding the bottom of the ink cartridge.
- Place the cartridge into its slot and close the latch.
- Restart your printer and wait for it to charge the ink.
Now we have seen how to fix HP Officejet 5255 Not Printing Correctly issue. Work on one or more methods as described in this article. Click CALL for further technical assistance.