Hp Officejet 5255 Setup Mac
HP OfficeJet 5255 is a wireless inkjet printer that is ideal for small businesses and family usage. It has a lot of scanning and wireless features, which makes it stand out among its peers. Due to its compact design and minimal controls, it could be an ideal choice for many first-time buyers. HP OfficeJet 5255 can hold up to 100 sheets, so you don’t have to replace the paper too often, and the input tray can be adjusted to support most of the popular paper formats. Coming back to the topic, let us get into the procedure for the HP OfficeJet 5255 printer setup on Mac.
Inside The Box:
- Power cable
- User manual
- HP 63 Black Starter cartridge
- HP 63 Tri-color Starter cartridge
- HP OfficeJet 5255 printer
Unboxing And Initial Setup:
If you haven’t done the unboxing and initial setup, do follow the below steps.
- Unbox the printer and the other contents from the box.
- Remove all the packaging materials.
- Connect one end of the power cord to the back of the printer and the other end to the power outlet.
- Press the dedicated power button to turn on the printer.
- Use the touch screen display to make the initial changes.
- Open the ink cartridge access door.
- Install the Black and Tri-color cartridges into their respective slots.
- Once installed properly, close the cartridge access door.
- Open the input tray and load some paper.
- Now, you have completed the initial setup of your HP OfficeJet 5255 printer.
Driver Download Steps:
- To access the printer from your Mac computer, you need to download the printer drivers. Follow the below steps to do the same on your Mac.
- Open any of the search engines to land on the official HP website.
- Choose Printer.
- Type your printer name and model number.
- Select the printer and hit the Submit button.
- If the drivers are not available, make sure that you have chosen the correct Operating System and version.
- Click Change to view the list of printer drivers available for your Mac computer.
- Click the Download button to install HP Easy Start on your PC.
Note: However, you can also download the HP Smart application from the Mac App Store.
Driver Installation Steps:
Once you complete the driver download process, continue with the installation steps.
- Connect the printer to your Mac computer using a USB cable.
- Locate the setup file within the browser.
- Double-click on it to begin the installation.
- If the security prompt appears, click Open.
- Review the End User License Agreements and then click the checkbox to agree with the same.
- Click the Continue button to move further.
- Select your printer from the detected devices and click Continue.
- For an easy setup process, choose Continue with USB connection and click Continue.
- Read and respond to the on-screen instructions accordingly.
- Select the appropriate install options and then click the Install button.
- If the installation screen prompts you to enter the Administrator User Name and Password, do the same.
- Click Continue when the overall software installation gets finished.
- Respond to any remaining instructions to finish installing your printer.
- Finally, restart your Mac computer and the HP OfficeJet 5255 printer.
- Now, you can perform all the printing tasks directly from your Mac.
However, if this is your first time setup, you may have some doubts regarding the setup process. In that case, you can call us for more assistance.