HP OfficeJet 5255 troubleshooting
HP OfficeJet 5255 is an All-in-One printer with features like Bluetooth smart, high impressive wireless network connection, speed print, Auto Document Feeder, etc. The device focuses mainly on reducing the work effort of a user by providing all the functions like print, scan, copy, and fax. If any technical issues occur on your HP OfficeJet 5255 printer, you can easily troubleshoot them with little assistance. Troubleshooting HP OfficeJet 5255 is not a difficult task. On this page, we have given some troubleshooting steps for the HP OfficeJet 5255 printer that might be handy at times.
HP OfficeJet 5255 is offline or not responding
- If the printer goes offline, check whether the printer is connected to the Internet if it is connected via a wireless network.
- If the printer is connected via USB cable, check whether the USB is defective.
- The printer might go offline if there is an issue with the USB cable, so disconnect the device from the USB port and connect it to another port or connect using another USB cable.
- If the problem persists, check the printer properties.
- Go to the printer properties on your computer and check whether the Use printer offline option is enabled.
- If yes, then disable the option and check whether the printer works.
- If there are more print jobs stuck in the print queue, clear them and then see if the printer is online.
- If the printer driver installed on your computer is outdated, the printer might not be detected. So, remove the existing driver, download the latest driver from the official HP site, and install the driver to make the printer online on your computer.
Print alignment errors
- If the print heads on your printer are not aligned properly, you might see the print alignment error. This error may also occur due to low ink or any dust in the print head.
- Check the ink level on your printer.
- If the ink level is low, you need to replace the ink cartridge.
- After replacing the ink cartridge, print a test page and see if the alignment error is fixed.
- Clean the print heads or cartridges as it is one of the primary reasons that causes the alignment error.
- On your printer control panel, select Settings and go to the Tools menu.
- Choose clean the print head or cartridges and wait until the process gets completed.
- Now print a test page and make sure it works.
If you are stuck with any other problems with your HP OfficeJet 5255 printer, call us to troubleshoot them and resume printing in no time.