Hp Officejet Pro 6968 Cartridge Problem
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 is an all-in-one printer. It supports both color and black & white printing. It prints at a speed of 18 (black) pages per minute and 10 (color) pages per minute. On this page, we will see the cartridge problem issue that occurs with the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer; this issue pops up when the cartridge is damaged and the printer stops printing. Let's see how to solve this issue in a step-by-step method.
Steps To Clear Printer Error Message:
- If the printer shows an incompatible error on the LCD screen, the printer automatically stops printing, and you have to change the ink cartridges immediately, and you can use the black and white printing method.
- If the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer displays a message indicating defective or incompatible color ink cartridges, go to the official HP printer support website, enter your printer serial number in the search bar, and then press the Enter key.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to buy the color ink cartridges; if you are eligible for a free replacement, then sign in or create a new HP account and then type the shipping address.
- Meanwhile, you can use the black and white mode for printing.
- On your Windows computer, choose the file to print and then right-click or press 'CTRL +P' to print.
- Now, select your printer from the available printer list.
- Click the Printer Properties dialog box.
- In the dialog box, click the Paper/Quality or Features tab.
- Click Advanced followed by Print in Grayscale and then select Black Ink Only. Now, click the Black & White button.
- Click OK to save the settings and then click Print.
Steps to Clean The Ink Cartridges and Print head:
- Make sure that the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer is turned ON.
- Now, open the ink cartridge access door and wait until the print head stops moving inside the printer.
- Check the damaged ink cartridge on the LCD screen and then remove the cartridge from the printer.
- With the help of a lint-free cloth, wipe the copper-colored contact on the cartridges.
- Now, replace the cartridge into the printer and press until it snaps.
- Repeat this step for the other damaged cartridges.
- Once the cartridges are cleaned and replaced, close the ink cartridge access door and check if you can print normally.
Steps to Replace Damaged Ink Cartridges:
- Confirm that the printer is turned ON.
- Next, open the ink cartridge access door.
- Locate the damaged ink cartridge, then press the front end of the cartridge, and then remove the cartridge from the slot.
- Unpack the new ink cartridge from the package, remove the orange protective tape, and then remove the orange cap from the cartridge.
- Now, insert the new cartridge into the slot and press until it snaps.
- Make sure that all the ink cartridges are placed in the respective slots, as indicated on the printer.
- Once the cartridge is installed, close the ink cartridge access door.
Hopefully, the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 cartridge problem is solved successfully.