HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 not connecting to Wi-Fi
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 is an All-in-One inkjet printer designed for both home and small-sized office purposes, delivering both color and black and white printing. The device comes with a touch screen LCD control panel and wireless network facility to access your device from any place inside the room. The device also helps reduce the cost by delivering two-sided printing and scanning and also helps to reduce the workload of the user by performing print, scan, copy, and fax operations.
Any device must face some technical errors, and HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 not connecting to Wi-Fi is one of the standard errors that cause trouble to your daily routine. Let us see how to fix the issue of HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 not connecting to Wi-Fi.
Steps to fix HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 not connecting to Wi-Fi
Check the connectivity
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi option is enabled on the printer and it is not connected via USB.
- Check whether the Wi-Fi connectivity setup is done correctly.
- Ensure that printer is placed within the Wi-Fi network range.
- Try connecting any other device to your Wi-Fi router and make sure that there is no issue with the Wi-Fi router. If you can't connect the router to another device, then the issue revolves around your Wi-Fi router.
- Try to change over to another Wi-Fi router, connect the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer to the Wi-Fi network, and make sure that no issue occurs.
Restart your PC
Restarting is the process which might resolve the issue sometimes before proceeding to the technical troubleshooting techniques. Restarting your computer might help connect the printer to Wi-Fi.
Close all the programs/apps that are running in the background and restart your PC. Also, try restarting your printer by pressing the Power button. If the problem persists, try restarting your Wi-Fi router and make sure that the printer connects to Wi-Fi.
Update the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 driver
- Make sure that you have installed the driver for your printer on your PC.
- Using outdated versions of the driver may lead to connectivity issues.
- So, try connecting your device to Wi-Fi using an updated version of the software.
- Go to the Start menu and select the Control Panel option. Choose Programs and select Programs and Features from the list. Search for the HP driver and click Uninstall.
- After successfully uninstalling the outdated version of the printer driver, go to the official web page of HP and search for the printer name and model-HP OfficeJet Pro 6968.
- Select the printer support page and download the driver.
- Install the software after accepting the terms and conditions.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the driver installation and make sure that the printer gets connected to Wi-Fi.
Update the Wi-Fi router firmware
In case the above-mentioned methods don't work, then try updating the Wi-Fi router firmware. Even using an outdated version of the Wi-Fi router firmware may cause such problems of not getting connected to Wi-Fi. To update the router firmware, make sure that you have the router's IP address and login details.
- Open the web browser and search for the router's IP address in the browser.
- Provide the login details on the sign-in page of the router.
- Search for the Update the firmware option on the router login page.
- It may be listed on the Administration, Tool, or Maintenance menu, as it differs according to the router.
- Click on the Update the firmware option and wait until the process gets completed.
- Now, ensure that the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer gets connected to Wi-Fi.