Hp Officejet Pro 6968 Paper Keeps Jamming
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 is a compact printer that is excellent in delivering high-quality printouts. However, while performing the print operation, users may encounter issues and one of the common issues is Paper Jam. Most HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer users have reported that the paper keeps jamming while performing the print operation. If you encounter a paper jam issue with your printer, then carry out the simple methods given below to fix it.
Simple steps to fix paper jam
- Initially, make sure that you have loaded the paper type that is recommended by HP.
- Next, make sure that the paper is not overloaded in the input tray.
- Check if the paper settings are configured correctly.
- If not, configure them correctly and then perform the print operation.
- Restart the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer.
If the simple steps don't resolve the paper jam issue on your HP OfficeJet printer, then try the advanced methods given below.
Method 1: Remove the jammed paper manually
Usually, a paper can jam in the following parts of the printer: input tray, ink cartridge access area, and document feeder. Look for the jammed paper in these parts, and if you find any, remove it gently without damaging it further. To remove the jammed paper from the input tray of your printer, follow the below instructions.
- Remove the input tray from your printer.
- Check for the jammed paper.
- If you find any, remove it gently.
- Make sure that the jammed paper is removed gently without damaging the printer parts.
- Place the tray back into the printer and load paper in it.
Now, check if the paper keeps jamming on your HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer. If yes, perform the next method.
Method 2: Check the carriage status
If your printer's ink cartridge's carriage can't move freely, then it means the paper has jammed inside the printer.
- Open your printer's cartridge door.
- Unplug your printer's power cord while the printer is turned on.
- Check if there is any paper or object blocking the carriage from moving freely inside the printer.
- If you find any such components, remove them.
- Once the cartridge can move freely, close the door and turn on the printer.
Method 3: Clean the printer parts
Sometimes the dirt particles present in the paper parts can also cause the paper jam issue.
Get a lint-free cloth dipped in the distilled or filtered water. Now, clean the printer parts such as the ink cartridge access area, duplexing rollers, and ADF. After cleaning the parts, try to perform the print operation.
If the paper jam issue persists on your HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer, then contact us.