Hp Officejet Pro 6968 Printer Failure 0x6100004a
The HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer may fail to print and show the 0x6100004a error if the installation goes wrong. Sometimes, it can happen due to a firmware glitch or clogged ink cartridge vents and contacts. To know how to resolve this error, go through the solutions given below.
Solution 1: Reset the printer
- With the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer turned on, unplug the power cord from the rear port of the printer and the wall outlet.
- Wait for at least 60 seconds or until the printer cools down.
- Reconnect the power cord to your printer and the electrical outlet.
- Wait for the printer to turn on automatically. If it doesn’t turn on, press the Power button.
- Once your printer turns on, wait for some time to make the carriage idle.
Still, if the LCD panel of your HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer shows the failure error 0x6100004a message, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2: Reinstall the ink cartridges
- Ensure that your printer is turned on.
- Get your fingers into the left-side slot of your printer and then open the ink cartridge access door.
- Wait until the ink carriage moves to the left side of the printer and becomes idle.
- Check if you have properly inserted the ink cartridges into the printer.
- Take the cartridges out from the printer and check if you have removed the protective seals from the nozzle parts.
- Reinsert the cartridges and close the ink cartridge access door.
- Try cleaning the print head and check if the problem is resolved.
If your HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer shows the failure error 0x6100004a after reinstalling the cartridges, click Call on this page and contact us for assistance in resolving it.