Hp Officejet Pro 6968 Scan To Email
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 is a multi-functional printer that is designed for small office and home printing needs. Using this printer, you can perform the print, scan, copy, and fax operations over a wireless, wired, or USB cable connection. It comes with some great features like mobile printing, auto & manual duplex printing, color & black copying, scanning to computer, scanning to email, and more. On this page, you are going to see how to perform the scan to email operation using the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer.
This printer comes with the Scan-to-Email app built-in, which allows you to scan a document or photo and send it to the specified recipient directly from the printer.
Initially, you have to prepare your HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer for the scan to email operation. To do so, first, enable web services on your printer and then configure the scan to email settings. The below section explains the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 scan to email process in detail.
Step 1: Enabling Web Services
You can enable the Web Services feature using your printer control panel, the printer's embedded web server, or the printer software. Before you begin the scan-to-email setup process, make sure that your HP printer is connected to the Internet.
Using the printer control panel
- Open your printer's Dashboard and select the Setup option by tapping its icon.
- Select Web Services Setup -> Accept -> OK -> Install Automatically (Recommended) or Alert When Available.
- Now, your printer prints an information page.
- Finish the remaining steps of the web services setup by referring to the instructions given on the information page.
- Once the web service setup is complete, configure the scan to email settings by referring to the instructions given below.
Using the printer's embedded web server (EWS)
Initially, open your HP printer's EWS page through a network or Wi-Fi Direct. (Note: Make sure that your HP OfficeJet printer is connected to the Internet over a wireless or wired network.)
For Network: Print your printer's network configuration page by tapping the Wi-Fi or Ethernet icon. From the configuration page, note down your printer's IP address or hostname. Now, on your computer browser, type the IP address or hostname of the printer and tap Enter to open the printer's EWS.
For Wi-Fi Direct: Tap the Wi-Fi Direct icon on your printer's Dashboard. Select Settings -> Wi-Fi Direct. Make sure that the Wi-Fi Direct feature is enabled on your printer. Now, the Wi-Fi Direct credentials, such as SSID and password, will be displayed on your printer screen; note them down. Enable the Wi-Fi option on your computer. Connect the computer to your printer through the Wi-Fi Direct connection. Once both the devices are connected to the same network, open the browser on your computer and type the printer's IP address in the search field.
- On the printer's EWS page, go to the Web Services tab followed by Web Services Settings.
- Click Setup -> Continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Web Service setup.
Using the HP printer software (Windows only)
- Open your HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer software on the computer.
- Select the Print, Scan & Fax option.
- Go to the Print section and select the Connect Printer to the Web option.
- Click Web Services -> Setup -> Continue.
Step 2: Configuring the scan to email settings
- On your HP printer's Home screen, select Apps by tapping its icon.
- Select Scan-to-Email -> Continue -> Email.
- In the given field, type the recipient's email address (to which you wish to send the scanned document) and tap Done -> Continue.
- Now, the email address that you have entered will receive a verification PIN from HP.
- Tap PIN. Enter the verification PIN in the given field and tap Done.
Performing scan to email using the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer
- On your printer, load the photo or document that you want to scan to email.
- After loading the original, select Apps from the printer's home screen.
- Tap the Scan-to-Email app.
- Select the email address to which you wish to send a scanned copy of the document.
- If prompted, type the PIN in the given field.
- Select the Photo or Document option followed by Continue.
- Make sure that the recipient address is selected correctly.
- Tap Continue -> Scan to Email -> OK.
- Now, your printer will start to scan the placed document.
- Once the scanning is complete, tap OK.
To know more about the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 scan to email function, contact us.