Hp Officejet Pro 6968 Setup
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 is an all-in-one color printer that's ideal for home office or small workgroups. It produces remarkable color prints that meet your business needs. The printer can produce copies at a speed of 18 pages per minute for black and 10 pages per minute for color.
- Unpack the printer from the carton and place it away from direct sunlight.
- Peel off the protective tapes surrounding the printer body.
- Open the scanner lid, remove the protective sheet covering the scanner glass, and close the scanner glass.
- Open the paper tray from the bottom of the printer.
- Remove the protective material from inside and get rid of them.
- Get the power cord from the packaging; connect the plug to the power source and to the rear of the printer.
- Press the Power button on the printer to turn it on.
- Once the printer display lights up, select the language of your choice.
- Use the opening slot on the right side of the printer and open the cartridge access door.
- Remove the protective material from the inside and get rid of it.
- Next, unpack the ink cartridges and install them into the printer.
- Pull the paper tray from the bottom of the printer.
- Move the paper guides to the edges of the tray and place a paper stack.
- Adjust the paper guides in accordance with the edges of the paper.
- Push the paper tray back into the printer; pull out the paper support tray.
- Download the HP Smart app from the Microsoft Store (Windows OS) or from the Apple Store (Mac OS).
- Run the app and complete the setup.
- Register your printer with HP to avail all the features.
- Connect a USB cable to the HP printer and computer (for the time being).
- Click the Add Printer button to add the printer to HP Smart.
- Complete the full setup.
Hp Officejet Pro 6968 Ink Cartridge Installation
- Unpack the ink cartridges from the sealed packaging and keep them aside.
- Place the cartridges neatly into the respective color slots.
- The colors in order are Magenta, Cyan, Yellow, and black.
- Place the cartridges inside and make sure they click into place.
Hp Officejet Pro 6968 Driver
The printer driver is essential if you want to perform tasks from your computer. You can download the printer driver easily from this page or from the official HP support page. Perform the installation and you are good to go. We have explained the steps to download the driver for Windows and Mac OS for you to have a better understanding.
Hp Officejet Pro 6968 Driver Windows
- On this very page, click the Driver Download button.
- The download will begin immediately and the driver will be saved in your computer's downloads section.
- You can also download the printer driver for your computer from the official HP support page.
- Open the HP support page for the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer.
- Click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab.
- If you are using a Windows-supported computer, there is a high chance the support page detects the OS.
- If not, click Choose a different OS option and select Windows and the version.
- Expand the Driver-Product Installation Software option.
- Click the Install button for Install HP Smart and add your printer.
- The page will be redirected to the Microsoft Support page.
- Click the Install button.
Hp Officejet Pro 6968 Driver Mac
- Click the Driver Download button for Mac on this support page.
- The driver will be downloaded immediately.
- If you wish to download the driver from the official HP support page, you can do so.
- Open the support page for HP OfficeJet Pro 6968.
- Once the page opens, click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab on the left of the page.
- Click the Operating System drop-down list and select Mac.
- Select the version from the drop-down list and click the Change button.
- Under the Driver-Product Installation Software section, click the Install button for HP Smart.
Hp Officejet Pro 6968 Scan To Email Setup
To scan a document and send it to an email, you need to set up web services for the printer.
- On the HP printer control panel, swipe down to open the dashboard.
- Select the Setup (Gear icon) option.
- Tap Web Services Setup.
- Select the Accept option to agree to the terms and conditions to enable web services.
- Now touch OK to allow the printer to check for updates automatically.
- Once the Printer Update Options screen is displayed, select Install Automatically (Recommended).
- Now follow the on-screen commands and complete the full web services setup.
We shall now see the steps to scan to email easily:
- Place the document on the HP printer scanner glass.
- From the control panel display, select Apps > Scan-to-Email app.
- Touch Continue on the Welcome screen.
- Enter your email address and touch Done. Select Continue.
- You will receive a PIN to your email. Enter the PIN on the display and select Continue.
- Select either Store Email or Auto-login (based on how you want the HP printer to store the information).
- Now select the scan type. You can select Photo or Document.
- Verify your email address and touch Continue.
- Select Scan to Email.
- Once the scan completes, touch OK and then select No to conclude.
Hp Officejet Pro 6968 Wireless Setup
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (Works if you have a WPS-enabled router)
- Swipe down the control panel display and select the Wireless icon.
- Select Settings.
- Tap the Wireless Settings option.
- Now select Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- The printer will now start the wireless setup and it is ready to pair.
- Press the WPS button on the router within the next 2 minutes.
- Once done, the printer will try to find the wireless connection.
- The printer is now successfully connected to the wireless network.
Hp Officejet Pro 6968 Wireless Setup Mac
- On the HP printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon.
- Select Settings > Wireless Settings.
- You will now see two options. Select the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- Select your wireless network and enter the password for the wireless network when prompted.
- Once the connection is successful, the printer will be paired to the wireless network.
You can check the connection report from the following steps.
- Touch the Wireless option on the screen.
- Select Settings > Print Reports > Wireless Test Report.
Hp Officejet Pro 6968 Fax Setup
- Load the document you want to fax on the scanner glass (print side facing down) or in the ADF (print side facing up).
- Touch Fax from the control panel display.
- Enter the recipient's fax number with the help of the keypad or from the phonebook.
- Touch either Black or Color.
- The printer will find the document placed and will start faxing.
Hp Officejet Pro 6968 Troubleshooting
Despite the great features the HP printer has, there will be a time the printer will go through some issues. And to be honest, there is no such thing as unsolvable issues. Here are some problems you might face while printing or scanning with the printer. The steps to troubleshoot the issue are also mentioned.
Hp Officejet Pro 6968 Not Connecting To Wifi
- Print a test report to see what the problem is. Make sure the printer is loaded with paper.
- Touch the Wireless icon on the control panel display.
- Select Settings.
- Tap the Print Reports option and select Wireless Test Report.
- The issue can be resolved easily with the help of the HP Print and Scan doctor utility (Windows users).
Download HP Print and Scan
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor utility from the official HP support page.
- Open the support page for the printer and click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab.
- Click the Utility-Diagnostic Tools section.
- Click the Download button for HP Print and Scan doctor.
Solve issue using HP Print and Scan
- Once the download is complete, run the HPPSdr.exe file.
- Open the application and click the Start button.
- Add the HP printer to the utility.
- Depending on the problem, choose the appropriate option in the utility.
- Fix the wireless connection issue.
- Once resolved, you will see a green checkmark indicating that the printer has passed the test.
Hp Officejet Pro 6968 Paper Jam
Paper jam in the input tray:
- Lift the output tray of the HP printer.
- Pull the input tray; press the buttons on either side of the input tray and remove it.
- Remove the remaining paper stack from the tray and keep it aside.
- Look inside for the jammed paper and make sure to get rid of it completely.
- Place the paper back into the tray and insert the tray back into the printer.
- Lower the output tray.
Paper jam from the print zone:
- Firstly, turn off the printer.
- Open the cartridge access door.
- Look inside and see if there are any jammed papers inside.
- Lift the paper path cover using the handle; locate the jammed paper underneath and gently take it off the printer.
- Reinsert the paper path cover into its place and close the cartridge access door.
Hp Officejet Pro 6968 Does Not Print
- Ensure that there is a proper power supply to the printer.
- Check the printer display for error messages and resolve the errors following the on-screen commands.
- Ensure that the printer is not paused or stopped abruptly or in offline mode.
- If connected using a USB cable, ensure the connection is secure. Replace the USB cable if necessary.