Hp Officejet Pro 6968 Troubleshooting
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 is an all-in-one color printer that's ideal for home offices or small workgroups. It produces remarkable value in color printing that meets your business needs. The printer can produce copies at a speed of 18 pages per minute for black and 10 pages per minute for color.
Despite the great features the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer has, there will be a time when the printer will go through some issues. Here are some of the problems that you might face while printing or scanning with the printer. The steps to troubleshoot the issues are discussed below.
Here are some of the common issues that you might face while operating the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer.
ISSUE 1: HP OFFICEJET 6968 PAPER JAM
Paper jam errors are something that you should be prepared to face when you own a printer. With HP OfficeJet 6968, there are two places to look for paper jams.
Paper jam in the input tray
- Lift the output tray of the HP printer.
- Pull the input tray; press the buttons on either side of the input tray and remove it.
- Remove the remaining paper stack from the tray and keep it aside.
- Look inside for the jammed paper and make sure to get rid of it completely.
- Place the paper back into the tray and insert the tray back into the printer.
- Lower the output tray.
Paper jam from the print zone
- Firstly, turn off the printer.
- Open the cartridge access door.
- Look inside the HP printer and see if there are any jammed papers.
- Lift the paper path cover using the handle; locate the jammed paper underneath and gently take it out of the printer.
- Reinsert the paper path cover into its place and close the cartridge access door.
ISSUE 2: HP OFFICEJET 6968 NOT CONNECTING TO WI-FI
- Print a test report to see what the problem is. Make sure that the printer is loaded with paper.
- Touch the Wireless icon.
- Select Settings.
- Tap the Print Reports option and select Wireless Test Report.
- The issue can be resolved easily with the help of the HP Print and Scan Doctor utility (Windows users).
DOWNLOAD HP PRINT AND SCAN DOCTOR
The HP Print and Scan Doctor utility is one of the best tools for HP printers, and using it, you can easily troubleshoot the issue in a short while.
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor utility from the official HP support page.
- Open the support page for the printer and click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab.
- Click the Utility-Diagnostic Tools section.
- Click the Download button for HP Print and Scan Doctor.
SOLVE ISSUE USING HP PRINT AND SCAN DOCTOR
- Once the download is complete, run the HPPSdr.exe file.
- Open the application and click the Start button.
- Add the HP printer to the utility.
- Depending on the problem, choose the appropriate option in the utility.
- Fix the wireless connection issue.
- Once resolved, you will see a green checkmark indicating that the printer has passed the test.
ISSUE 3: HP OFFICEJET PRO 6968 OFFLINE
When a printer goes offline, there are chances that it will lead to the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer not responding issue. In such cases, it is safe to troubleshoot the HP OfficeJet 6968 printer with a couple of methods.
Solution 1: Disable Use Printer Offline option
- First, you'll have to open the Control Panel window on your Windows computer.
- Select Devices and Printers and choose the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer.
- Right-click the printer and select See what's printing.
- Click the Printer tab; unselect the checkbox for Use Printer Offline (If the option is enabled ).
Solution 2: RESTART THE PRINT SPOOLER SERVICE
- Open the Run command (Windows key + R).
- Type services.msc in the Run command field and press the Enter button. li>The Windows Services window will now open.
- Locate the Print Spooler service.
- Do a right-click on the option and select the Restart option.
These are the different ways to troubleshoot the HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 printer if it goes through some problems.