How To Configure HP Officejet Pro 8710 Setup?
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Setup is a compact multifunctional printer designed for home offices and small workgroups. This printer has a touchscreen control panel, flatbed scanner, and ADF.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Printer Features
- Wireless LAN
- Hi-Speed USB
- Scan to Email
Initial HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Setup
- First, unpack the printer from the package.
- Take out the printer supplies and keep them away for later use.
- Remove the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord and turn on the printer.
- Set your basic preferences on the touchscreen panel and tap Yes to confirm them.
- Next, pull the paper input tray out from the printer.
- Slide the paper guides apart and then fan a paper stack.
- Load the paper stack into the paper input tray and adjust it with the paper guides.
- Refix the tray into the printer and open the ink cartridge access door.
- Unpack the ink cartridges from the package and remove the protective tapes from them.
- Install each ink cartridge into the carriage slot and close the ink cartridge access door.
- Now, the printer starts the initialization process.
- Once the process is complete, the printer will print an alignment page.
- Next, install the printer software on your computer.
- After completing the driver installation, verify the printer functionality.
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Scanner Setup
The HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Setup has a flatbed scanner to scan all your documents. For double-sided scanning, load the originals into the ADF. Go through these steps to complete the scanner setup.
Before starting the scanner setup:
- Turn on your printer and then Connect Computer To HP Printer using a standard USB cable.
- If necessary, you can also connect your printer and computer over a wireless network.
- Verify and ensure that you have installed the HP printer software on your computer.
Scanning documents using the HP printer software:
- Verify that the USB or Wi-Fi Connection between your printer and computer is stable.
- Launch the HP printer software and click the Print, Scan & Fax tab.
- Click Scan and then select Scan a Document or Photo.
- Choose the scan shortcut you wish in the HP Scan window.
- If necessary, select the Show Viewer After Scan checkbox to make adjustments to the scanned image on the preview screen.
- After specifying the scan shortcut, click the Scan button to scan your document and save it to your computer.
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Printer Driver - Free Download
You can quickly download the driver for your HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Setup by clicking the Driver Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get the driver from the official HP site by following these steps.
- On your computer, open the default browser and visit the official HP site.
- Input your printer’s model number in the search field and hit the Enter key.
- Click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab and wait until your OS version is detected automatically.
- If the OS version is not detected, click on the Choose a different OS link.
- Select your OS version manually from the drop-down menu and click the Update button.
- Choose the required driver from the displayed list and click Download.
- Wait until the download is completed.
- After a few minutes, check if the downloaded driver file is available in the Downloads folder.
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Setup Mac
- Start by turning on your HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Setup.
- Complete the basic printer settings.
- Verify whether you have a stable Internet connection on your Mac.
- Launch the default browser and visit the official HP site.
- Type your printer’s model number in the search field and hit Enter.
- Click on Software, Drivers and Downloads and wait until your macOS version is detected automatically.
- Select the required driver from the displayed list and click Download.
- Once the download is complete, open the downloaded driver package and double-click the driver file to create a disk image on the desktop.
- Open the newly created disk image and double-click the installer icon.
- Agree to the EULA and choose your connection type.
- Establish the connection between your printer and Mac by following the on-screen instructions in the driver installation wizard.
- To verify the connection, print a test page remotely from your Mac.
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Airprint Setup
AirPrint is Apple’s printing feature that is supported by iOS and macOS devices. With the help of the AirPrint feature, printing documents wirelessly from an iPhone to the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer is quite simple. There is no need for any printer software on your iPhone while using AirPrint. For detailed instructions about printing documents using AirPrint, go through the steps below.
- First, turn on your printer and then load a paper stack into the paper input tray.
- Connect your printer to your local wireless network.
- To verify the wireless connection, print a wireless test report.
- Next, connect your iPhone to the same wireless network.
- Open the document you wish to print.
- Tap the Action or Share icon and select the Print option.
- Tap the Select Printer button and choose your printer’s name from the displayed list.
- Specify the print settings and tap the Print button to print your document using the AirPrint feature.
HP Officejet Pro 8710 Wireless Setup
Before starting the wireless setup:
- Verify if you have completed the basic printer setup.
- Place your printer close to your router.
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable connected to your printer, if any.
- Connect your computer to your local wireless network.
- Identify the wireless credentials such as SSID and network key.
Configuring the wireless settings on the printer control panel:
- Turn on your printer and go to the control panel.
- Tap the Wireless icon on the touchscreen panel.
- Touch the Settings icon and select the Wireless Settings option.
- Choose either Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Follow the instructions on the touchscreen panel to connect your printer to your local wireless network.
- Once the wireless connection is made, install the printer software.
Connecting printer and computer wirelessly:
- Once your printer and computer are connected over the same wireless network, run the driver installation.
- Agree to the EULA and choose the Wireless connection option as your connection type.
- Carry out the on-screen instructions to establish the wireless connection between your printer and computer.
Testing the wireless connection:
- You can check the wireless connection between your printer and computer with the help of the wireless test report.
- Go to the printer control panel.
- Touch the Wireless button and then the Settings icon.
- Select the Print Reports option and tap Wireless Test Report.
- Now, the printer prints the wireless test report.
Testing the wireless connection:
If you are still have queries on HP Officejet Pro 8710 Setup, feel free to call us.