HP Officejet Pro 8710 Troubleshooting
The HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 machine is an All-in-one wireless printer, which also includes the one-of-a-kind AirPrint feature. This printer is made in such a way that it supports wireless printing and comes with a good state-of-the-art, user-friendly touchscreen. With the amazing mobile printing features, you will be able to print from the palm of your hand. This HP OfficeJet Pro printer helps reduce wastage of paper, thanks to the duplex printing feature.
So, throughout use, the HP 8710 printer might encounter some hardware issues. Here, we are going to describe some of the issues you might face while operating the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer and how to perform HP Officejet Pro 8710 Troubleshooting.
PROBLEM 1: HP OFFICEJET PRO 8710 NOT PRINTING
Check these simple steps before you proceed with a couple of fixes.
- Check the USB cable connected between the printer and the computer.
- Check the firewall or antivirus on your computer (there are times when the antivirus causes some problems with the devices connected to the computer).
- The print quality of the document was set too high, thus resulting in the printer not printing.
- Check the ink cartridges in the printer, replace them if necessary.
We will now look into the troubleshooting methods to resolve the issue.
METHOD 1: RESET THE PRINTER
If you reset the HP printer, it can fix most of the problems. It is considered the primary way to fix the HP 8710 printer not printing issue.
- Make sure the printer is turned on.
- Remove the power cord from the HP printer and the plug from the main power source.
- Wait for at least 1-2 minutes and connect the power cord to the printer and the plug to the main power source.
- If the HP printer doesn't power on, press the Power button on the control panel.
METHOD 2: CHECK THE PAPER INSIDE THE PRINTER
Checking the paper is one more method to resolve the “HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer not printing” problem.
- Make sure you use the HP-supported media while printing documents.
- Do not load papers that are crushed, torn, or damaged in any way.
- When you load the paper in the input tray, make sure you load the print side facing down. Many papers have a printing and a non-printing side. The smooth side is the print side.
- Load a different kind of paper to see if the issue is related to the papers in the HP printer.
METHOD 3: CHECK THE INK CARTRIDGES
Ink cartridges are the primary need for the printer to print documents. Here are the steps to check and replace the ink cartridges if necessary.
- Open the HP printer software installed on your computer.
- Make sure the HP 8710 printer is the chosen one for the software.
- You can check the ink levels to see if the cartridges are empty.
- Make sure the HP printer is turned on.
- Open the cartridge access door.
- Press the front part of the ink cartridge, which is empty, to release it from the slot.
- Remove the new cartridge from the sealed packaging and slowly slide the ink cartridge into its slot until it is secure (follow the step for the other ink cartridges if necessary).
If the cartridges are empty, you can replace them with the following steps.
PROBLEM 2: HP OFFICEJET PRO 8710 OFFLINE
There are a couple of methods to bring back the HP 8710 printer online. Here are two preferred solutions to Perform HP Officejet Pro 8710 Troubleshooting if it goes offline.
METHOD 1: DISABLE USE PRINTER OFFLINE OPTION
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Select Devices and Printers and choose the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer.
- Select See what's printing.
- Click the Printer tab; unselect the checkbox for Use Printer Offline (If option is enabled).
METHOD 2: RESTART THE PRINT SPOOLER SERVICE
- Open the Run command (Windows key + R).
- Type services.msc in the Run command field, press the Enter button.
- The Windows Services window will now open.
- Locate the Print Spooler service.
- Do a right-click on the service and select the Restart option.
METHOD 3: DELETE PRINT JOBS
- Open the Control Panel on your Windows computer.
- Click on the Devices and Printers option.
- Select the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer, do a right-click, and select the See what's printing option.
- Do a right-click on each of the print jobs in the queue and select the Cancel option.
These methods will be an easy way to troubleshoot the problem with the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer.
PROBLEM 3: PAPER JAM
- Remove the input tray from the HP printer.
- Take out the paper stack present inside.
- Look inside the printer, locate and remove the jammed paper.
- Make sure that you arrange the paper stack properly in accordance with the paper guide.
- Remove the damaged papers from the stack if there are any.
- Ensure that the paper tray goes all the way into the HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer.
If you follow the HP Officejet Pro 8710 Troubleshooting steps for different problems, you will no longer face issues.