HP Officejet Pro 8720 Ink Replacement
Replacing ink cartridges on the HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer is quite simple. Before you replace the ink cartridges, check the estimated ink levels. It can be done from the printer software or the printer control panel. Swipe down the printer touchscreen panel to open the dashboard and then tap the Ink icon to check the ink levels. If the ink cartridge on your printer is running low on ink, replace it. If you don’t have a replacement cartridge, you can order one from the official HP site. Always use genuine HP ink cartridges for better print quality. For detailed instructions about the HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 ink replacement, go through the steps given below.
Identifying the cartridge number:
You should use only the replacement cartridges that have the same cartridge number as the cartridge you are replacing.
- To begin with, identify your printer’s IP address.
- Open the default browser on your computer.
- Type your printer’s IP address in the URL field and hit the Enter key to access the embedded web server.
- If prompted, enter the login credentials.
- Click the Tools tab and select the Ink Gauge option below Product Information.
Alternatively, you can identify the ink cartridge number from the printer status report or label of the ink cartridge you are replacing. After identifying the cartridge number, proceed with the HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 ink replacement.
Replacing the ink cartridges:
- With the HP printer turned on, open the cartridge access door.
- Press the ink cartridge to release it from the slot.
- Remove the cartridge you are going to replace from the printer.
- If more cartridges are expended, remove them as well.
- Next, unpack the new cartridges from the package.
- Remove the protective tapes or seals from the new cartridges.
- Insert the replacement cartridges into the correct slots and then close the cartridge access door.
- Go to the printer control panel and check the estimated ink levels.
- If necessary, try printing a nozzle check sheet to determine the print quality.
You have now completed the HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 ink replacement process.