How To Perform HP Officejet Pro 9010 Setup?
HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 is an All-in-One multifunctional printer for small or home offices. Let us see how to perform HP Officejet Pro 9010 Setup.
This printer has more cool features and some of them are mentioned below.
- Wireless connectivity
- Scan to Cloud
- Scan to Email
- Wi-Fi Direct
If you are new to the HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 printer setup, go through the steps given below.
Unboxing and setting your preferences:
- Start by unpacking your printer from the package.
- Remove all the protective tapes and covers from the printer.
- Remember to recycle the packing materials.
- Connect your printer to an electrical outlet using the supplied power cord.
- Wait until the printer turns on automatically. If not, press the Power button to turn on your printer.
- Set your basic preferences such as language, region, date, and time on the touchscreen panel and confirm the settings by touching Confirm.
Installing the ink cartridges:
- Open the printer front door and lift the ink cartridge access door.
- Wait for the carriage to stop moving.
- Unpack the ink cartridges and remove the protective films from them.
- Insert each ink cartridge into the correct slots.
- Close the ink cartridge access door and lower the front door.
- Tap OK on the touchscreen panel.
- Pull the paper input tray out from the printer.
- Slide the paper guides apart.
- Load a paper stack into the tray and slide the paper guides to touch the edges of the paper stack.
- Refix the paper input tray into the printer.
- Tap OK on the touchscreen panel and align the printhead.
- Carry out the on-screen instructions until you see the ‘Alignment Successful’ message.
Installing the printer software:
- Download the HP printer software from the official HP site and save it to your computer.
- Run the downloaded software to begin the installation.
- Agree to the EULA and carry out the on-screen prompts to establish the connection between your printer and computer.
- Finish the software installation and verify the printer functionality.
Hp Officejet Pro 9010 Printer Cartridge Setup
The HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 printer has four ink cartridges: black, cyan, magenta, and yellow. To set up the ink cartridges into your printer, follow these steps.
- Start by opening the front door.
- Lift the ink cartridge access door and wait for the carriage to move to the center of your printer.
- Unpack the ink cartridges from the package and remove the protective films from them.
- Avoid touching the nozzle area of the ink cartridges.
- Insert each cartridge into the slot and close the ink cartridge access door.
- Close the front door and go to the touchscreen panel.
- Tap the OK button to complete the cartridge setup.
Hp Officejet Pro 9010 Driver Download
You can quickly download the driver for your HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 printer by clicking the Driver Download button on this page. Alternatively, you can get the driver from the official HP site by following these steps.
- On your computer, open the default browser and visit the official HP site.
- Input your printer’s model number in the search field and hit the Enter key.
- Click the Software, Drivers and Firmware tab.
- Wait until your OS version is detected by the site.
- If your OS version has been detected incorrectly, click on the Choose a different OS link. Select your OS version and click Update.
- Choose the required driver from the displayed list and click the Download button.
- Wait until the driver is downloaded and saved to your computer.
Hp Officejet Pro 9010 Scan To Email
- Turn on your HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 printer and connect it to your local wireless network.
- Next, place the original document on the scanner glass.
- For multiple-page scanning, load the original documents into the ADF.
- Ensure that you have installed the HP printer software on your computer.
- Identify your printer’s IP address.
Configuring the Scan to Email function in the EWS:
- Connect your computer to the same wireless network and verify if the Internet connection is stable.
- Open the default browser and enter your printer’s IP address in the URL field. Hit the Enter key to access the Embedded Web Server (EWS).
- Click the Scan tab and select Scan to Email from the left-side panel.
- Click on Settings below Scan to Email.
- To create an outgoing email profile, click the Add New Profile icon.
- Input the outgoing email address and a display name in the required fields. Then click Next.
- Select server options and click Next.
- If necessary, select the Include sender in all email messages sent out successfully from the printer checkbox.
- Verify the configured settings and click the Save and Test button.
- Once the test is complete, click on Email Options and choose the default scan and file settings.
- Click Apply and add email destinations to Address Book.
- Save the configured settings and start scanning your document to an email.
Scanning to email:
- Go to the printer touchscreen panel and tap the Scan icon.
- Select the Email option and choose the sender profile.
- If prompted, enter the PIN.
- Input your recipient’s email address manually in the To field or select it from the Address Book.
- If you wish to preview the scan, tap the Preview icon.
- To modify the scan settings, tap the Settings icon.
- Finally, tap Send to scan and send your document to your recipient’s email address.
Hp Officejet Pro 9010 Wireless Setup
Wireless setup using the HP Smart app:
- Launch the HP Smart app on your computer.
- If prompted, sign in to your HP account. If you don’t have an HP account, create a new one.
- Click the Set Up a New Printer button and follow the on-screen prompts to add your printer to your wireless network.
- Make sure you choose the Wireless connection option when asked to choose the connection type.
- Once the connection is made, print a test page to verify the wireless connection.
- Turn on your printer, router, and computer.
- Place the printer close to your router.
- Identify the wireless credentials such as SSID and network key.
- Connect your computer to your local wireless network.
- Download the HP Smart app from the official HP site and save it to your computer.
Hp Officejet Pro 9010 Connect To Wifi
Connecting printer to Wi-Fi using the printer control panel:
- Go to the printer touchscreen panel and tap the Settings icon.
- Tap the Wireless Settings button and select either Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- If you have selected the Wireless Setup Wizard option, choose your SSID from the displayed list and also enter the network key to connect your printer to the wireless network.
- For Wi-Fi Protected Setup, go to your router and press the WPS button until your printer is connected to the wireless network.
Testing the Wireless connection:
- On the touchscreen panel, tap the Wireless button followed by the Settings icon.
- Tap the Print Reports button and select the Wireless Test Report option.
- Wait for the printer to print the wireless test report.
- Verify the wireless connection from the printed test report.
Hp Officejet Pro 9010 Airprint
AirPrint, a printing feature, allows you to print remotely from your iPhone to your HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 printer without any HP apps. To know how to do that, keep reading the instructions below.
- Before you start using AirPrint to print your documents, turn on your printer and load a paper stack in the paper input tray.
- Connect your printer and iPhone over a wireless network.
- On your iPhone, open the document you wish to print and tap the Action or Share icon.
- Select the Print option and tap the Select Printer button.
- Choose your printer’s name from the displayed list.
- Specify the print settings and tap the Print button to print your document using AirPrint.
Hp Officejet Pro 9010 Fax Setup
Setting up fax:
- To begin with, connect one end of the supplied telephone line cord to your printer’s LINE port and the other end to a telephone wall jack.
- Go to the printer touchscreen panel and navigate to the fax setup menu.
- Specify the fax header, answer mode, rings to answer, ring type, dial type, and fax volume.
- On the printer touchscreen panel, tap the Fax button.
- Select Setup –> Reports.
- Tap the Print Fax Reports button and select the Junk Fax Report option.
- Tap the Print button to print the fax report.
- Once the fax setup is complete, send a test fax.
- Go to the printer control panel and tap the Fax button.
- Tap the Send Now button and enter the fax number.
- To change the default fax settings, tap the Fax Settings icon.
- Otherwise, tap Send to send the fax.
Hp Officejet Pro 9010 Cartridge Problem
If your HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 printer is getting issues with the installed cartridges, follow these steps.
- First, check the estimated ink levels by touching the Ink icon on the touchscreen panel.
- If the cartridges are running low on ink, you should replace them.
- If you are facing a cartridge problem though the ink level is sufficient, open the front door first.
- Lift the ink cartridge access door, remove the ink cartridges from the printer, and check if you have removed the protective films from the cartridges.
- Reinstall the ink cartridges and restart your printer.
- Now we have seen how to perform HP Officejet Pro 9010 Setup and troubleshoot the issues.