Fix Hp Printer Offline issues
If your HP printer goes offline often, then you have to bring it back online in order to perform the printer functions. There are different reasons for a printer to go offline. To fix your HP printer offline issue, perform the solutions mentioned here.
Solution-1: Set as default printer
- When you are connecting the HP printer to your Windows computer, make sure to set your printer as the default one.
- In order to check if your HP printer has been set as the default printer, open the Devices menu in the Settings window on the desktop, and then choose Printers & Scanners.
- Next, uncheck the checkbox of ‘Let Windows manage my default printer.’
- A list of printer’s connected to your computer will appear on the screen.
- Select your HP printer and click the Manage button.
- When the pop-up appears, select Set as default and check if the printer is back online.
Solution-2: Check the printer ports
- Open the Control Panel window on your Windows computer and select the link ‘View devices and printers.’
- In the Devices and Printers window, give a right-click your HP printer and select Printer Properties.
- Select the Ports tab and view the printer WSD ports.
- Now, open the Services window using the search bar on the desktop.
- If your printer uses WSD ports, continue with the below steps.
- Navigate to the ‘Function Discovery Provider Host’ and ‘Function Discovery Resource Publication’ sections and look under Status and Startup Type.
- Verify that the Status shows ‘Running,’ and the Startup Type is ‘Automatic.’ If it is not, then right-click the printer name, change the Startup Type to Automatic, and click Start below Start Service.
- Click the OK button to make the port settings.
- Print a configuration page on the printer, and then use the Port information to add the port for your printer model under Devices and Printers.
- Now check Hp Printer Offline issue has been resolved.