How To Setup Hp Printer Scan To Email?
Most of the HP printers that can perform a scan, also have the feature HP printer scan to email. There are a couple of methods to set up the scan to email function on your HP printer.
Step 1: Set Up Scan To Email
The scan to email feature can be set up using two methods.
- Using the Scan to Email Wizard
- Using the HP Embedded Web Server (EWS)
The steps to set up the HP printer scan to email feature using the Scan to Email Wizard are given below. You can easily set up the scan to email function when you have completed the driver installation on your computer. The steps are as follows.
- Once the installation is complete, you will come across a set of options.
- Click the option that reads Scan to Email.
- Click the New button in the Outgoing Email profiles box.
- The Scan to Email setup will open.
- Type in the sender’s email address.
- Enter the sender’s name in the Name field.
- Enter the 4-digit PIN in the security field and re-enter the PIN for confirmation.
- Click the Next button.
- Make sure you use the secure SSL/TLS connection.
- In the drop-down box, select the size of the email.
- Select the checkbox Email log-in Authentication if the SMTP server requires authentication.
- Enter the User ID and the Password in the corresponding fields and click the OK button.
- You can now check the information and see if the data entered is correct.
- Click the Finish button.
Step 2: Scan To Email
- Once the scan to email feature has been set up, place the original document on the printer’s scanner glass.
- Tap the Scan icon on the printer’s control panel.
- Select the Scan to Email option followed by the Send to Email option.
- Select the outgoing email profile (From) and the To email address.
- Set other scan preferences if needed and then tap Scan after finishing the HP printer scan to email settings.