Why Hp Smart Not Working?
“Is the HP Smart not working on your Windows 10 or 11 computer?” Well, this is a common problem that occurs due to some reasons like:
- Incompatible OS
- VPN issues
- Improper authentication
- Problem with the connection setup, etc.
Quick And Simple Solutions
Let’s try some troubleshooting techniques to fix this HP Smart app problem.
Disconnecting The Vpn
- The HP Smart app will not work or respond if you’re using a VPN on your computer.
- As the first step of troubleshooting this problem, check whether your Windows 10 or 11 computer is connected to the VPN.
- If yes, disconnect it, and then try to launch or use the app.
Resolving The Connectivity Issues
- You have to connect the printer and your computer (on which you have installed the HP Smart app) to the same network to access the printer-related functions using the HP Smart app. Failing to do so can also lead to the “HP Smart not working” issue.
- Therefore, connect the devices to the same network, in case they are on different networks.
- If your connection type is Ethernet (Wired), check to ensure that the Ethernet or network cable is connected securely at the ends.
Checking The Requirements/compatibility
- If your computer doesn’t meet the requirements of the HP Smart app, you might face this problem.
- Ensure that your Windows 10 or 11 computer meets the app's requirements.
- Update the computer OS if available.
- Also, check if your HP printer is compatible with the HP Smart app because not all HP printers are designed to work with it.
- If not, install the printer's full feature driver & software on your computer to access the printer-related functions.
If these simple solutions don’t resolve the problem and the HP Smart app is still not working, try the advanced solution given below.
Most Windows 10/11 users have reported that the HP Smart app stops working after updating their OS. If you’re also facing this same scenario, uninstall and reinstall the HP Smart app on your computer.
You can reinstall the HP Smart app just like any other program.
For Windows 10
- Open the Settings screen.
- Select Apps > Apps and Features.
- Locate and select the HP Smart app.
- Click the Uninstall option.
- Once the HP Smart app is uninstalled, restart your computer.
For Windows 11
- Click on the Search field available in the taskbar.
- Type Add or remove programs.
- Now, locate and select the HP Smart app.
- Click Uninstall.
- Remove the app by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
- Restart your computer at the end of the uninstallation process.
Reinstalling Hp Smart
- Open the Microsoft Store on your Windows 10 or 11 computer.
- Search and install the HP Smart app on your computer.
- Now, try to install the printer on your computer using the app.
Contact us if the HP Smart not working or responding again.