Fix Kaspersky Total Security Error In Graphics Drivers Occurred
Kaspersky protects your computer from viruses, crypto lockers, and other threats. You have to keep the application updated to remove all the latest threats. You might get the Error in graphics drivers occurred message after updating the Kaspersky application, so it is better to uninstall the application completely and use the built-in Windows Defender program. Let us see how to fix Kaspersky Total Security Error In Graphics Drivers Occurred
If you receive the Error in graphics drivers occurred message when you launch the Kaspersky application, perform the following step-by-step instructions to resolve the problem.
Renaming the nvd3d9wrap.dll file
- Launch File Manager and type C:Program files (x86)NVIDIA Corporationcoprocmanager in the address bar.
- Locate the nvd3d9wrap.dll file. Right-click it and select the Rename option.
- Give some other name to this file.
Correcting faulty registry entry
- To open the Run box, press the Win and R keys at the same time.
- To launch the Registry Editor window, type regedit in the Open field and click OK.
- Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWow6432NodeMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWindows location.
- Double-click the AppInit_DLLs key.
- Check if the value looks like this: C:WindowsSysWOW64nvinit.dll,C:windowsSysWOW64nvinit.dll
- Replace a comma with space and save the changes.
- Lastly, your value should be like this: C:WindowsSysWOW64nvinit.dll C:windowsSysWOW64nvinit.dll
Disabling one of the graphics cards
- Open the Device Manager screen on your Windows computer.
- Navigate to the Display adapters (graphics card) section.
- Locate the video card that you need to deactivate and right-click it.
- Select the Deactivate option.
Removing the existing Kaspersky application
- Exit all the running applications on your computer.
- Type Control Panel in the Windows search bar and select the same from the search result.
- Click the Programs and Features option.
- You will see the list of installed applications on the screen. Find the Kaspersky application, select it, and click the Uninstall/Change button.
- Select the Next option.
- Note: If the Kaspersky application is password-protected, type your password before you click the Next option.
- Select the checkbox next to License information.
- Click Next -> Remove to remove the current Kaspersky application.
- Select the Yes option to restart the Windows computer.
- After the restart, the application will be removed completely from the computer.
- Download the 2019 version of the Kaspersky application from the manufacturer website. Install it on the computer as per the on-screen prompts.
- Now we have seen how to fix Kaspersky Total Security Error In Graphics Drivers Occurred