Mac Mail Accounts Won't Go Online
If you have a problem connecting to the Internet, your Mac Mail account won't go online. To fix this problem, you can use Connection Doctor (a built-in network diagnostic tool on Mac). This article describes the possible methods to troubleshoot the Mac Mail issue and bring your account online. Since the steps are simple and straightforward, continue reading the instructions below without skipping.
Restart the Mail app
- If you have already opened the Mail app, press the Option + Command + Esc shortcut keys to open the force-quit menu.
- Select Mail from the list to quit the app.
- Wait a few minutes.
- Reboot your Mac and re-launch the Mail app.
- Now, your email account should go online.
Boot your Mac in Safe Mode
- Power off your Mac and let it be idle for a few minutes. Henceforth, press and hold the Power button on your Mac for at least 10 seconds.
- Release the Power button when the startup window appears.
- Next, press the Shift key and select Continue while holding the key to boot your Mac in Safe Mode.
- Launch the Mail app in Safe Mode and check if your email account goes online.
Take account online manually
Try this method if your Mac Mail accounts won't go online even after executing the above troubleshooting methods.
- To begin with, open the Mail app from the Dock panel.
- Click the Mail menu and select the Take All Accounts Online option from the drop-down list.
- To take a specific account online, click the lightning bolt icon next to your account's mailbox and select Online Status --> Take [account] Online.
Now, the account should go online. Verify the troubleshooting by sending a test email from your account. If the problem persists, jump to the next solution.
Update your macOS version
- Open the Apple menu and click the System Preferences option from the drop-down list.
- Click the Software Update icon in the System Preferences window.
- Search for the latest macOS update in the window that appears.
- If the update is available, click the Upgrade Now button.
- To update your macOS version automatically in the future, select the Automatically keep my Mac up to date checkbox.
We hope you have fixed the Mac Mail issues. Keep your Mac updated to avoid situations where your Mac Mail won't go online. For assistance in resolving your Mac Mail issues, reach our technical experts.