Fix: Mcafee Not Installing On Windows 7
McAfee is one of the renowned antivirus software. If you have downloaded McAfee for your computer and face trouble during the installation process, don’t panic, as it can happen to anyone. This article can help you install the McAfee software on your Windows 7 computer without any trouble. Go on reading the following section and fix the Mcafee Not Installing On Windows 7 issue.
Error: Incompatible security software installed
- If you encounter the error codemessage “Incompatible security software installed,” while installing McAfee, it signifies that the security software you have already installed on your computer is blocking the installation of the McAfee software.
- In that case, open the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys simultaneously. Close the running programs one by one, and whenever you close a program, check whether the error codemessage has disappeared. When you spot the exact problematicgrammatic program, uninstall it from your computer.
- Once you have uninstalled the problematicgrammatic program from your computer, check whether you can reinstall McAfee.
Error: Installation Incomplete
- The installation process may fail when you sign yousign in to your computer without the required permission. Temporarily enable the built-in administrator account and check whether you can install McAfee without any trouble. To do the same, click Start and then type cmd.exe in the search field. Now, right-click on Command Prompt and choose the Run as administrator option.
- In the Ccommand Pprompt dialog box, you need to type net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter; then, close the Ccommand Pprompt.
- Press the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys simultaneously. Click on the Log Off option. When the sign-in screen appears, sign in with the Administrator account.
- Now, try to reinstall McAfee. again. If you still cannot install McAfee on your Windows 7 computer, proceed with the next solution.
Error: The protection you’re trying to install doesn’t work on this device. Try again from the right device
- If you encounter the error “The protection you’re trying to install doesn’t work on this device. Try again from the right device” while installing the McAfee software on your Windows 7 computer, it signifies that your Operating System is unsupported.
- In those instances, you don’t have any other option other than upgrading your OS to the newer version.
- Once you have upgraded the OS, check whether you can install McAfee on your computer without any trouble.
Error: Invalid serial number
- You may end up with the error “Invalid serial number” when you enter the wrong serial number. The error may also occur when the installer cannot contact the McAfee website.
- If you encounter this error, wait for a few minutes and refresh the web page. If necessary, close and reopen your browser. Then, type the serial number correctly and submit it.
- Now, check whether you can install McAfee on your Windows 7 computer.
If you cannot fix the Mcafee Not Installing On Windows 7 issue yet, you can get back to us.