FIX: MISSING OR FAILED PRINTHEAD HP 8620
The missing or failed printhead on the HP 8620 printer is one of the most commonly occurring errors that users face over time. It usually occurs when the printhead is not positioned correctly. The printhead is an essential component of any printer that sprays the ink onto the paper. So, it is always recommended to identify and sort out the issue as soon as possible. Some common fixes include resetting your HP printer, realigning its printhead, cleaning its ink cartridges, etc. Moving forward, you can explore various techniques which will be useful to fix the missing or failed printhead HP 8620 printer issue.
RESET THE HP 8620 PRINTER:
- Turn on your HP 8620 printer and wait for a few minutes, so the printer goes to an idle state and silent.
- Disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Detach the power cord from the wall outlet as well.
- Wait for at least one to two minutes before you resume further operations.
- Now establish a connection between the printer and the electric outlet.
- Inspect your c ontrol panel’s display to see if the missing or failed printhead HP 8620 error is gone.
CLEAN THE PRINTER’S INK CARTRIDGES:
- Ensure that your HP printer’s cartridges are clean and dust-free.
- On inspecting, if you find that the cartridges are not clean, then remove them and wipe off the unwanted elements.
- Use a lint-free cloth to clean the cartridges.
- After cleaning, allow them to become completely dry.
- Now you can insert it again into the printer.
UPDATE THE PRINTER’S FIRMWARE:
- If the printhead error persists, then check whether or not your printer’s firmware is updated.
- If the firmware is not updated for quite a long time, then visit the official HP page and download the latest update available for your HP 8620 printer.
- Once downloaded, run the file for installing it on your PC.
REALIGN THE PRINTHEAD:
Realigning the printhead is the next measure you can take to get rid of the missing or failed printhead HP 8620 error.
- When your printer is turned on, lift the exterior lid to open the cartridge door.
- Unplug all the connections, which eventually freezes the movement of the printhead.
- Pull out the printhead and insert it back into its carriage.
- Move the printhead left and right to check whether the printhead is firmly held.
- Now plug all the connections and see whether your HP printer got rid of the printhead problem.
REPLACE WITH A NEW PRINTHEAD:
If you have tried all the above-mentioned measures and your printer still continues to face the missing or failed printhead error, then it’s time to replace the printhead itself. Before you replace, check the printhead’s warranty, as replacing might void the overall printer’s warranty.
- Find the warranty details by visiting the HP support website.
- If the printhead is under warranty, you can get a new printhead assembly kit for free.
- If the printhead is not under warranty, you can order a new printhead and replace the old printhead with the new one.
GET YOUR PRINTER SERVICED:
Sometimes the printhead errors occur due to unidentified causes. When you are unable to identify the root cause all by yourself, you can take the help of professional assistance.
- After the service, you will be suggested to check the printer functionality.
- In case everything is OK, then you are good to go.
So, follow the above-mentioned steps to solve the missing or failed printhead HP 8620 error.