How to fix Netgear Router Error 109?
The Netgear routers are one of the top brand routers that are being used vastly. But that doesn’t mean they are free from error. Like any other routers, the Netgear routers do have some errors as well. The Netgear Router Error 109 denotes the issues with the Firmware.
The common causes of Error 109 are the following:
- Outdated Firmware
- Poor network connection
- Problem while installing the driver
There are some troubleshooting methods that can have the error resolved in no time.
Restart Your Router
- A simple restart can help you in resolving the error.
- If the error appears even after restarting the router, open the Device Manager on your computer.
- Scroll down the page and select the Network Adapter option.
- Perform a right-click on the Network adapter and select the Disable option.
- Now restart the computer and perform the same steps to Enable the Network adapter.
- Now check if you are relieved from the error.
Update The Router Driver (Windows)
- Type Device Manager in the search bar of your computer connected to the router and press the Enter button.
- Locate the Netgear router driver in the Device Manager window, perform a right-click on the driver, and click the Update button.
- The Netgear router driver will be updated.
Windows Network Troubleshooter
- In the search bar, type Troubleshooter and press the Enter button.
- The Troubleshooter option will be seen. Double-click on the option to open the Troubleshooter window.
- Select the Network Troubleshooter and click the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and the troubleshooter check for the issues and fix them automatically.
Reset The Router
- Resetting the router will solve most of the problems on your Netgear router.
- Most of the Netgear routers now come with a Reset button.
- Take a pin or a paper clip.
- Insert the pin into the reset pinhole and hold it for not more than 7 seconds. You will see the lights of the router go off and then on again.
- This will reset the router and fix the Netgear Router Error 109.