Guidance For Netgear Router Setup
Easy steps to set up a Netgear router are given below. For a wired connection, you need an Ethernet cable. For wireless setup, you have to identify the wireless network credentials. Carry out the below-mentioned steps to configure netgear router setup.
Netgear Router Setup With Modem
If you like to set up your Netgear router with modem, follow these steps.
- Power off the modem, Netgear router, and computer and disconnect all the external cables from these devices.
- Next, connect your Netgear router to the modem using a standard Ethernet cable.
- The Ethernet cable from the Internet modem should be connected to the router’s yellow Internet port.
- Once you have connected the router to the modem, connect your computer to the router using another standard Ethernet cable.
- The second Ethernet cable should be connected to the router’s LAN port and the computer’s network port.
- Once you have completed the physical connection, open the router’s web interface on your browser.
- Configure the necessary router settings and click the Save button to complete the setup.
- Perform these steps to configure the netgear router setup.
Netgear Router Setup App
Netgear provides the Nighthawk app to set up the router on your smartphones. To set up your Netgear router using the Nighthawk app, follow these steps.
- First, power up the router and wait until its Wi-Fi lights are lit.
- On your smartphone, open the app store and type ‘Netgear Nighthawk’ in the search panel.
- Tap the Search icon and select the Nighthawk app from the search result.
- Next, install the app on your device.
- Turn the Wi-Fi on and connect your device to the Netgear router’s Wi-Fi network.
- Once you have connected your smartphone to the wireless network, launch the Nighthawk app.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the Netgear router and connect to the Internet.
- By using the above steps to configure the netgear router setup.