How to fix Nvidia Shield Hdcp Error?
Nvidia Shield is a digital streaming device that can be connected to TV monitors using the HDMI interface. It runs on the Android OS and also supports Bluetooth connectivity. However, often while streaming their favorite media, Nvidia users face an HDCP error which stops the streaming. Before getting into the troubleshooting methods to solve the Nvidia Shield Hdcp Error, it is good to know about the error. The HDCP error is usually caused when there is a hardware issue between the streaming device and the TV monitor. Most probably, if the HDMI cable is damaged, then the HDCP error can be seen on display. Also, if you try to stream any unprotected content, then that could be another reason for the HDCP error.
Now, follow the troubleshooting methods mentioned here to solve the HDCP error in Nvidia Shield.
Method 1: Restart Nvidia Shield
- If you face the HDCP error for the first time while using Nvidia Shield, then restart your streaming device, In most cases, restarting will solve any temporary issues and also clear the HDCP error.
- If the HDCP error appears again after the restart, then go to the next method.
Method 2: Use an HDCP compliant port
- Make sure the HDMI port on your TV supports HDCP. You can check with your TV manufacturer or refer to your TV’s user manual for this.
- Try to connect the HDMI cable to the other HDMI port on your TV that supports HDMI.
- You can also try to change the display mode on your TV from automatic to 1080p mode. If the error remains unresolved, then proceed to the next method.
Method 3: Change the interface cable
- If the HDMI port supports HDCP and still the error frequently occurs on your TV monitor, then replace your existing HDMI cable with a new one. This will solve the HDCP error for sure.
Method 4: Reset Nvidia Shield
- Resetting the Nvidia Shield must be the final option while you try to fix the Nvidia Shield Hdcp Error, as resetting would clear all the settings and data on your Nvidia Shield device.
Reset without Settings menu:
In case you are not able to access the Settings menu, then follow the steps given here. (These instructions are for Shield TV 2019)
- To restart the Shield TV in Fast Boot mode, first, remove the power cable from it and press the remote locator button located near the HDMI port.
- Now, plug the power cable to the Shield device again.
- Press the remote locator button and select the Factory Data Reset option.
- Then, select the Confirm option using the remote locator button.
- This will reset the Nvidia Shield device and restart it.
Reset from the Settings menu:
The steps to reset Nvidia Shield from the Settings menu are given below.
- Go to the Settings menu of Nvidia Shield.
- Locate and select the Device Preferences option.
- Select the option, Factory Data Reset.
- Now, select Erase everything.
- Click the Call button provided on this web page to get remote assistance to fix Nvidia Shield Hdcp Error