How to fix Nvidia Shield Netflix Error Ui-800-3?
The Netflix error UI-800-3 brings out and points to the information saved in the device that needs to be refreshed. The error indicates that there is a problem in the data stored in the Netflix app on the Nvidia Shield TV. The problem could also be because of the cached data or with the Netflix application itself.
- The UI-800-3 Netflix error code occurs on different devices, so troubleshooting the error will have less impact in resolving the error.
- The general steps to start with is by shutting down the device, turning the device on and off, reinstalling or updating the Netflix app in Nvidia shield.
The Error message will read as- “Netflix has encountered an error. Retrying in X seconds.”
You can refresh the information stored in the Nvidia Shield TV or the Netflix app. Follow and implement the basic troubleshooting steps to fix the Nvidia Shield Netflix Error Ui-800-3:
Restart the Streaming device:
- Unplug the Nvidia shield TV from the power source.
- Wait for at least a minute and plug the power cord back to the power source.
- Turn on the Nvidia Shield TV.
- The primary method usually works for every error related to streaming.
- Proceed to the next step if a restart does not resolve the error.
Sign out of the Netflix application:
- Try signing out of the Netflix application.
- Use the Nvidia shield remote and use the navigation buttons to scroll to the Netflix app and log out of the account.
- Go to the Netflix account page and select settings.
- Click Sign out of all devices option from the Settings section.
- Click the Sign out button at the bottom of the page.
Reset Netflix settings:
- Follow the directions to reset the Netflix app on your TV.
- Turn on the Shield TV.
- Use the navigation buttons on the remote to scroll to the settings option on the TV.
- Select the Netflix app in the list and set the toggle switch to ON for the reset option.
- Press the home button on the Nvidia shield remote to return to the home screen.
- Press the home button twice and swipe until you find the Netflix application.
- Log in using the credentials.
Clear Netflix data and cache to fix the Nvidia Shield Netflix Error Ui-800-3:
- Follow the steps to clear the storage and cache in the Netflix application.
- Launch the Nvidia shield home screen.
- Navigate to the settings option and select General.
- Use the navigation keys and select Apps or Applications, scroll down the option, and select Manage installed applications.
- Select the Netflix app.
- You will see three options on the TV.
- Use the shield remote and press Clear data and follow the next step, as shown.
- Scroll down and select the Clear Cache option to clear the cache of the Netflix application.
- Try opening Netflix and see if the Error code UI-800-3 exists.
Delete the Netflix application and reinstall:
- Go to the settings option on the Nvidia Shield TV.
- Select Manage using the Shield Remote.
- In the Managed section, you will see four options, select the installed tab.
- You will see a list of applications on the Nvidia Shield TV.
- Navigate through the applications and select Netflix.
- The Netflix option will open, click the Uninstall button.
- Reinstall the Netflix application and see if the Nvidia Shield Netflix Error Ui-800-3 has been cleared.