Printer Not Responding Canon G2010
“Printer not responding” is not a new issue. So, if you’re encountering the printer not responding issue on Canon G2010 for the first time, then don’t get panic and try the basic troubleshooting instructions given below.
- Turn on your Canon G2010 printer.
- Make sure that the USB cable between your printer and computer is connected securely.
- Install the latest version of the printer driver on your computer if the existing driver is outdated.
- If necessary, reconfigure the print settings correctly.
- Restart the Canon printer and your computer.
If these instructions don’t fix the “printer not responding” issue, try the advanced method given below.
Note: The following advanced methods are suitable only for Windows computers.
Running the printer troubleshooter
- Go to the Settings screen of your computer.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Navigate to the Printer section.
- Click on the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Complete the troubleshooting process by following the prompts displayed on the screen.
Restarting the print spooler service
- Open the Services window.
- Locate and click on the Print Spooler service.
- Click on the Restart command line.
- Wait for the restarting process to complete.
- After the print spooler service restarts successfully, print a test page to check whether or not the printer not responding issue is resolved.
If the printer not responding issue remains unresolved, perform the next method given below.
Configuring the correct printer port of your Canon printer
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Select the Large icon option (if necessary) from the View by drop-down menu.
- Click the Devices and Printer option.
- Select and right-click on your Canon printer.
- Click Printer Properties > Change Properties > Port.
- Configure the port correctly for your printer.
- Click the Apply button followed by OK.
Now, check whether or not the "printer not responding" issue is resolved by printing a test page on your Canon G2010 printer.