Printer Setup Fails With Hp Smart App
Don't worry if your printer setup fails with HP Smart app; when you handle this problem with the appropriate troubleshooting methods, you can fix it quickly. Try performing the solutions listed in this article and see if they work for you.
Check The Fundamentals
- If you cannot finish your printer setup with the HP Smart app, you should check the fundamentals in the first place.
- HP Smart is compatible with Windows 8 and newer versions. If you have any of the previous versions on your computer, you cannot set up your printer via HP Smart. In that case, you have to install the HP Easy Start application.
- Also, ensure that your printer is compatible with the HP Smart app. Printers manufactured before 2010 may not be compatible with HP Smart.
- It is important to connect your printer to the same network to which your computer is connected. In case you connect them to different networks, you might end up in trouble. Therefore, connect your HP printer and computer to the same network and then check if you can set up your printer via HP Smart.
- If none of these troubleshooting solutions help you fix the current issue, proceed to the next section.
Reset Your Printer's Network Settings
- HP Smart detects only those printers connected to the same network as your computer or those in setup mode. The setup mode gets activated on your printer when you turn it on for the first time, and it will last for two hours. If it has been longer than two hours since you turned on your printer, you have to reset its network settings.
- To reset printers with touchscreen, swipe down the dashboard and touch the Gear icon. Then, select Network Setup> Restore Network Settings. When prompted, tap Yes.
- If your printer doesn't have a touch display, press the Wireless and Cancel buttons for five seconds to reset the network settings.
- For HP LaserJet Pro printers, press and hold the Wireless button until the Ready and Attention lights blink simultaneously. Then, release the button to restore the setup mode.
Checking The Requirements/compatibility
- If your computer doesn’t meet the requirements of the HP Smart app, you might face this problem.
- Ensure that your Windows 10 or 11 computer meets the app's requirements.
- Update the computer OS if available.
- Also, check if your HP printer is compatible with the HP Smart app because not all HP printers are designed to work with it.
- If not, install the printer's full feature driver & software on your computer to access the printer-related functions.
Now, check if you can set up your HP printer with the HP Smart application.
If you still face issues on Printer Setup Fails With Hp Smart App, get in touch with our expert team.