Printing over a wireless technology to take a print
Printing over a wireless technology using your printer
With printing over a wireless technology growing at a faster pace, we prefer advanced features on all gadgets. When it comes to printers, we definitely want to get rid of the cables and the chaos it brings. Every brand of printers is evolving by adding more and more features to its products. Today, wireless printers play a vital role in making real the digital copies we have. Wireless printing is not as difficult as you think, you just need the right steps.
Setting up a wireless printer
Before you purchase a printer, you must know its specifications and whether it has all its features to fulfill your requirement.
- Proper unpacking is essential. Remove every single packing material from the printer to avoid issues in the future.
- Once you are done with the unpacking, you can proceed with the hardware setup.
- Check your user manual, follow the guidelines given in it.
- Now, after installing the cartridges and loading paper as per your user manual, proceed to set up the wireless connection.
- Power up your router and connect your computer to it.
- The settings may vary depending on the printer model you have. Hit the Settings button on the printer and select Wi-Fi Setup.
- Go to Wi-Fi Setup Wizard, select your network, and enter your network’s security key.
- Make sure to connect your computer to the same network for printing over a wireless technology.
Installing Driver Software
An Installation CD comes within the package of the printer. You can also download the driver required for your printer from the official manufacturer’s website of the printer. Follow the on-screen instructions on the Setup Wizard and install the software. Make sure to select the wireless connection type when prompted.
Adding the printer on your Windows computer
- On your windows, go to Settings or Control Panel, select Devices, and select printers.
- Go to Add a printer and select your printer. Then click Add device.
- If your printer is not showing up, select “The printer that I want isn’t listed” and follow the on-screen instructions.
Adding the printer on your Mac computer
- Click on the Apple icon on the screen and select System Preferences. Select the Print & Scan icon under Hardware.
- Click the Lock icon to unlock and make changes. Enter the admin password and click the + icon to add a printer. Select your printer and click Add for printing over a wireless technology.
Print over network
- Printing is now easy. Just open your document using an appropriate application, go to the File menu, and select Print.
- Change the print settings as required. Select your printer name and click the Print option.
- The printer will receive the print job then Printing over a wireless technology.