How Do I Set up Scan To E-Mail Smtp Server?
In most of the latest printer, the Scan to E-mail feature is available by default. Using this feature, you can send the scanned documents directly to a specific e-mail address. Here we shall see how to scan a document on an HP printer (HP Deskjet 5525) and send the scanned document to a specific e-mail address.
Set up your HP printer
- Make sure that the printer is turned ON.
- Now, place the document to be scanned on the scanner glass of your HP printer.
Connect the HP printer to the network:
- Now, tap the Settings option.
- Select the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- Make sure that your wireless router is turned ON.
- Now, a list of wireless networks available within your HP printer’s range will appear on your printer screen.
- From the list of available networks, select your network’s SSID.
- Enter your wireless network password.
- Tap the Okay button.
- Wait for the printer to connect to the wireless network.
- Once your printer is connected to the network, the Confirmation Successful message will appear on the screen.
- Follow these steps to set up scan to e-mail SMTP server.
Set up Scan to E-mail:
- You can perform this method via the HP Embedded Web Server feature.
- The below steps are suitable only for the Windows OS.
- On your Windows computer, open a web browser.
- In the search field, type your HP printer’s IP address and press the Enter button.
- Now, your HP Deskjet printer’s web access page will open.
- Click the System tab followed by Administration.
- Navigate to the Enabled Features section.
- Click the toggle button beside the Scan to E-mail option.
- Click the Scan tab followed by the Outgoing E-mail Profiles command line.
- Now, a window titled Outgoing E-mail Profiles will open. Click New on it.
- Enter the information related to your e-mail address.
- Similarly, enter the SMTP server settings in the corresponding fields.
- Set other scan preferences by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Finally, click the Save button.
- Perform these steps to set up scan to e-mail SMTP server.
Scan and send the document to your e-mail:
- On your HP printer, select the Scan option followed by Scan to E-mail.
- Tap the Settings option.
- Set the scan preferences as your desire.
- When prompted, enter the recipient’s e-mail address in the To field.
- Finally, tap the Scan button.
Contact us if you need remote assistance on the same.