Scan To Email Not Working
Scan to email is one of the scanner functions that most users face difficulty using on a printer. If your printer fails to perform the scan to email function, there might be an SMTP error or network problem on your printer. To fix this issue, refer to the quick steps given on our site. Carry out these below-mentioned steps to scan to email not working.
Method 1: Checking the network settings
- The basic requirement of the printer to perform the scan to email function is the network connection.
- Check the network settings on your printer by printing a configuration sheet.
- If necessary, restart your Wi-Fi router and the printer.
- Try performing the Scan to email function to check if the problem has been resolved.
- If the problem persists, move on to the next method.
Method 2: Checking the server settings in the Embedded Web Server
- Make sure that the printer is powered on and connected to your computer.
- Ensure that you have a stable internet connection on your computer.
- If you have enabled the firewall or Antivirus software, disable it first.
- Open the default browser and enter the printer's IP address in the URL field.
- Press the Enter key to access the Embedded Web Server.
- Select the Scan to Email option and check the outgoing email profiles.
- Verify the user's email address, SMTP server name, server port, and authentication for your profile.
- If necessary, change the SMTP server settings.
- Follow these steps to scan to email not working.
- After verifying the server settings, save the applied changes.
- If the problem is with your email account, access your email account in the web interface.
- Webmail like Gmail blocks anyone who tries to access your account from third-party apps or websites.
- It blocks them by disabling the Access to less secure apps setting.
- To enable this setting, log in to your Gmail account and give a double-click on your profile.
- Select Security from the displayed list and scroll down the page to the 'Access to less secure apps' section.
- Toggle on the Allow less secure apps button.
- This will fix the authentication problem for your email account.
- Now, perform the scan to email function on your printer and check if the problem has been resolved.
- By using these steps to scan to email not working.