How Do I Setup Scan To Email Office 365?
If you want to set up the scan to email Office 365, you can follow the procedure given below. You can scan to email using three methods.
- Using SMTP client submission
- Using Direct Send
- Using SMTP relay
Among the three methods, the SMTP client submission method is the usually recommended method. To perform the scan to email operation using the SMTP client submission method, your printer must be connected to the Office 365 server. Then you have to enter the email address correctly for your domain. Also, enable the SSL/TLS connection for enhanced security.
If you are using a multifunction printer, carry out the steps that are given below to perform scan to email with Office 365.
- Go to the printers web-interface page to set up scan to email.
- You can locate the IP address of the printer in the user manual.
- Enter the IP address of the printer in the address bar of your web browser.
- Once you are on the printer's web-interface page, locate the Scan to email section.
- Enter the full email address of your office 365 account.
- Type the name you want to display to your recipients in the Default Display Name section.
- If required, you can set the size limit of each email.
- Enter the outgoing mail server address as smtp.office365.com.
- The outgoing server port number is 587.
- Make sure to select the 'Always use secure connection (SSL/TLS)’ option.
- Type your email address in the Username section.
- Now, enter the password of your Office 365 email account correctly.
- Select the Server requires authentication option.
- You can send test mail by entering an email address in the 'Send a test mail to' section. Then click on the Save and Test button.
- Save the changes you have made by clicking on the Apply button
- Once you have set up scan to email, you can place your document on the printer and start scanning.
- By using these steps to setup scan to email office 365.