How To Setup Canon Mx490?
CANON MX492 INK INSTALL
Installing the FINE ink cartridges on the Canon PIXMA MX490 printer
- Check whether your printer is turned on. If not, turn it on.
- Next, get the FINE ink cartridges that are shipped along with the printer.
- Unpack the cartridges by removing the protective tapes from them.
- Unlock and open the cartridge access door.
- Install the cartridges into their slots.
- Check to make sure that the black cartridge is installed on the right slot and the color on the left.
- Close the door.
- Press the OK button if necessary. Now we have seen how to Setup Canon Mx490 Catridge.
CANON MX492 WIRED SETUP
The Canon PIXMA MX490 printer doesn’t support the Wired connectivity option. It supports only two connectivity options - USB and Wireless. So, you can use any one of these options to connect your printer to the computer or smartphone.
CANON PIXMA MX490 PRINTER DRIVER DOWNLOAD
Downloading the Canon PIXMA MX490 printer driver from the printer’s official support page
- From your PC or laptop browser, access the Canon printer’s official support page.
- Choose your printer model from the Products list.
- On the support page of your printer, click on the button named “DRIVERS & DOWNLOADS.” Now, the printer drivers available for your current OS type will be displayed on the screen.
- Select the driver(s) that you need and click the Download button beside it.
CANON MX490 SOFTWARE FOR MAC
The Canon PIXMA MX490 printer software available for Mac are listed below:
- MX490 series CUPS Printer Driver
- Quick Menu software
- Easy-PhotoPrint Editor
- Canon IJ Network Tool
- IJ Scan Utility
- My Image Garden
*Note: The driver availability might vary based on your macOS type.
To download the printer driver for your Mac computer, refer to the instructions given under the “Canon Pixma mx490 printer driver download” section of this page.
CANON MX490 PRINTER DRIVER INSTALL
Installing the Canon PIXMA MX490 printer driver on your computer
- Download the printer driver for your computer if you haven’t downloaded it yet.
- Double-click on the downloaded .exe file to extract it.
- Click Accept or I agree to begin the installation process.
- If prompted, type your computer’s admin password in the given field.
- Install the necessary software and choose the connection type as per your preferences.
- When prompted, connect your printer to the computer over a wireless or USB connection.
- After installing the printer driver successfully, print or scan a test page.
- If the printer prints or scans the test page successfully, it means the driver installation is done correctly.
- Otherwise, re-perform the installation process.
CANON MX492 SCANNER
“Contact Image Sensor (CIS)” is the scan element used by the Canon MX490 printer for scanning. The maximum scan resolutions offered by this printer are 600 x 1200 dpi(optical) and 19200 x 19200 dpi (interpolated). Also, it comes with some great scan features like Auto Scan Mode, Network Scan, Push Scan, PDF password security, Push Scan, and Scan to Cloud.
To scan a document on the PIXMA MX490 printer, first, you have to make sure that your devices (printer and computer) are connected together, and the necessary scanner drivers are installed on your computer.
The following instructions explain how to scan a document from the printer’s operational panel.
- Begin the scan process by turning on your Canon printer.
- Check to make sure that your printer and the computer are connected to the same network.
- Now, place the original with its print-side facing down on the scanner glass.
- Press Scan and configure the scan settings as per your preferences.
- Finally, press the OK button.
- Now, your printer will start to scan the placed document.
- Once the scanning process is completed, the copy of the scanned document will be saved to the selected destination. Now we have seen how to setup Canon mx490 scanner.
CANON MX490 PRINT FROM PHONE
You can print a document or photo (of your desire) from your smartphone (Android or iOS) to this printer using the Canon printing solutions, such as the Canon Print app and Google Cloud Print. If you’re using the iOS device, use the AirPrint feature to print the document from your phone to the printer.
The step-by-step instructions given here explain how to print a document from your Android phone to the printer using the Canon PRINT app.
- Initially, connect your Canon printer and the Android phone to the same wireless network. (Scroll down this page to know how to connect your printer to the Wi-Fi network.)
- Next, install and launch the Canon PRINT app on your phone.
- Configure the printer settings on your smartphone by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Once the printer is installed, tap the Print option on the application screen and choose the photo or document as per your preferences.
- Configure the print settings as per your preferences.
- Finally, tap the Print button.
Printing via AirPrint
- To print a document from your iPhone to the printer via AirPrint, just connect the devices to the same network.
- After doing it, open the document that you want to print.
- Tap Share > Print.
- Choose your Canon printer and configure the print settings.
- After configuring the settings, tap the Print button again to initiate the print operation.
CANON MX490 WIRELESS SETUP
You can connect your Canon MX490 printer to a wireless network with or without a router. Also, you can use the USB cable temporarily to connect the printer to the wireless network. The below section explains how to connect your printer to the Wi-Fi network using a router.
Wi-Fi setup with a Windows OS-based computer
- Initially, connect your Windows computer to the same Wi-Fi network to which the printer is about to connect.
- Next, turn on the Canon printer if it is turned off.
- Press the Copy button on your printer’s control panel if the printer display is blank.
- Now, initiate the Wi-Fi setup by pressing the Setup button on your printer’s operational panel.
- Select the Wireless LAN Setup option and press OK.
- Choose the Standard setup or Wi-Fi Protected Setup option as per your preferences.
- Connect your printer to the wireless network by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
- After connecting your printer to the wireless network successfully, run the printer’s setup file on your computer.
- Select the Wi-Fi Connection option when prompted during the driver installation process.
- Install the printer driver to complete the wireless setup process.
CANON MX490 CONNECT TO WIFI
Wi-Fi setup with a USB cable on a Mac computer
- Initially, make sure that your Canon MX490 printer is turned on and ready for the Wi-Fi setup.
- Next, press the Copy button to wake up the printer.
- Now, download the printer driver for your Mac computer from the printer’s official support page if you haven’t downloaded it yet.
- Extract and open the downloaded printer setup file.
- On the Welcome screen of the installation process, click the Next button and type your Mac computer’s password in the given field of the dialog box that appears on the screen.
- Click the Installer Helper button.
- Select the Wireless LAN Connection option on the screen named “Select the printer connection method” and click the Next button.
- In the next window, select the Connect via wireless router (recommended) option.
- Now, the installer file will try to detect the Canon printer that is available within your Mac computer’s range.
- If the installer file failed to detect your printer, then select the “Setting printer could not be found on the list” option on the Printers on Network List screen and click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reach the screen named “Setup Procedure Selection” and select the Wireless Setup Using the USB cable option on it.
- Install the necessary software and connect the printer to your Mac computer using the USB cable temporarily.
- After installing the printer on your computer over the Wi-Fi network, disconnect the USB cable.
- Finally, print a test page to check whether the Wi-Fi setup is done correctly. If the printer prints the test page successfully, it means the wireless setup is done correctly. Otherwise, re-perform the Wi-Fi setup.
CANON MX490 BLUETOOTH SETUP
The Bluetooth feature is not supported by this printer. Use the Wi-Fi option to perform the print or scan operation wirelessly from your smartphone or computer to the printer.
CANON MX490 FAX SETUP
To prepare your Canon MX490 printer for the fax operation, first, you have to connect the printer to a telephone line wall outlet. After doing it, turn on your printer, and set up the telephone line type and receive mode settings. The below section covers the Canon MX490 fax setup in detail.
Setting up the Canon MX490 printer for fax
Step 1: Connecting the telephone line cable to your printer
- Turn off your Canon printer if it is turned on.
- Now, connect your printer to the telephone wall outlet using the telephone line cable.
- Using the modular cable, connect your telephone to the external device (that you’re using).
Step 2: Setting the Telephone Line type
- Turn on your printer.
- Open the Setup screen.
- Select Fax settings > FAX user settings > Telephone line type.
- Configure the telephone line type and other settings as per your preferences.
Step 3: Configuring the Receive mode
- Open the Fax screen on your printer by pressing the Fax button on its control panel.
- Select the Receive mode set option.
- From the list, choose the receive mode and press OK.
- Configure the receive mode by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
After configuring the fax settings on your printer, send a test fax to check whether the configuration is done correctly.
Sending a fax from the printer’s operational panel
- Place the document that you want to fax on your printer’s scanner glass or in the ADF.
- Now, open the Fax screen.
- Select the scan resolution, contrast and other settings as per your preferences.
- Enter the recipient’s fax or telephone number in the given field.
- Finally, press the Color or Black button.
- Now, your Canon printer will start to scan the placed document and send its copy to the entered fax or telephone number. Now we have learned how to Setup Canon Mx490 Fax connection.
CANON MX490 CONNECT TO LAPTOP
You can use either the Wi-Fi or USB connection to connect your Canon MX490 printer to your laptop. If you wish to connect your printer and the laptop over a wireless network, refer to the instructions given under the “canon mx490 wireless setup” and “canon mx490 connect to Wi-Fi” sections of this page.
To connect your printer to the laptop using the USB connection, follow the instructions given below.
- Download and run the Canon PIXMA MX490 printer driver file on your laptop.
- On the "Select your connection type" screen, select the USB Connection option and connect your printer to the laptop using the USB cable.
- Install the printer driver to complete the connectivity process.
To Setup canon Mx490 printer, contact us by clicking the Call button provided on this page.