FIX: WD DISCOVERY INSTALLATION FAILED
The WD Discovery software lets you download and keep the WD utilities, such as WD Security and WD Backup, up-to-date. If you cannot install the WD Discovery software on your computer, you should try out a few troubleshooting techniques. This article lists the best troubleshooting methods to fix the WD Discovery installation failed issue. Try out all of them and fix your problem without much effort.
Check your Internet
- You need a stable Internet connection to install WD Discovery on your computer.
- If there is no stability with your Internet connection, fix the issue in the first place.
- If you find no fault with your net connection, proceed with the following troubleshooting techniques.
Uninstall and Reinstall WD Discovery
- Sometimes, reinstalling the software can help you fix the installation issue. Go ahead with the instructions given below for the detailed procedure.
- On your computer, click Start and navigate to the Control Panel section.
- Click Programs and choose the Uninstall a program option.
- On the next screen, locate WD Discovery and click the Uninstall button.
- Once uninstalled, visit WD’s official support page.
- Navigate to the Support & Downloads page and download WD Discovery.
- Once the download gets over, launch the software and run the installation.
Run System File Checker (SFC)
- Sometimes, corrupted files can hinder the installation process of WD Discovery. When you run the System File Checker on your computer, it will diagnose the corrupted files and repair them automatically. Carry out the instructions given below to run the SFC scan.
- Click Start on your Windows computer and type cmd in the search area.
- From the search results, click on Command Prompt.
- When the Command Prompt window appears, type the command sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- The scanning process will take around 10 minutes. Once it gets completed, the corrupted files will be repaired.
- Now, check whether you can install WD Discovery without any issue.
Close Conflicting programs
- In most instances, conflicting programs can stop the installation process of WD Discovery.
- To fix the issue, open the Task Manager and close the programs one by one.
- If you can resume the installation process of WD Discovery after closing a specific program, uninstall it from your computer and complete the WD Discovery installation.
- If your computer doesn’t have sufficient memory, it may start to malfunction. To fix this problem, you will have to clean up your disk.
- To do so, go to the Control Panel of your computer.
- Click Administrative Tools and choose Disk Cleanup.
- Select the specific drive you want to clean up and click the Clean up system files option.
- Once the disk cleanup process gets over, resume the WD Discovery installation process and check whether your issue is resolved.
Disable Firewall and antivirus software
- In some cases, the Firewall and antivirus software you have installed on your computer can block the installation of WD Discovery.
- To fix the issue, disable these security programs temporarily and try installing WD Discovery.
If you still cannot fix the “WD Discovery Installation Failed” problem, contact us for expert assistance.