Wd My Cloud Time Machine Backup Failed
Time Machine is a backup tool for Mac OS that is used to keep a copy of all the files and data on your computer. However, sometimes, when you back up your Mac computer with Time Machine using the WD My Cloud hard drive, it may fail. If you are facing this problem with your Mac, follow the below instructions to fix Wd My Cloud Time Machine Backup Failed.
Check The Connections
- Ensure that the WD My Cloud device is turned on.
- Make sure that the computer is connected to the network.
- If it is not connected, connect your computer to a standard network.
- If the Internet speed is low, you can’t access the WD My Cloud dashboard.
- Check your WD My Cloud’s IP address on the browser.
- Otherwise, try to use a different browser on your Mac.
- If the problem persists, then restart your Mac computer and check if the issue is solved.
Format Your External Hard Drive
- First, make sure to connect the WD My Cloud hard drive to your Mac computer.
- Now, open the Finder window and select the Applications category from the left menu panel on the screen.
- Click the Utilities option from the list.
- Here, choose the Disk Utility option.
- Click View at the top-left corner.
- Select Show All Devices.
- Choose your drive from the left menu panel and click the Erase button.
- Now, a small dialog box will appear at the top of the window.
- Here, enter a name for your external hard drive in the Name field.
- Select the respective options in the Format and Scheme fields.
- Click the Erase button.
- Next, click Done.
- Now, check whether the issue is solved.
Re-add The Backup Disk On Your Mac
- Launch the System Preferences window on your Mac.
- Select the Time Machine option from the list.
- Here, choose the Add or Remove Backup Disk option.
- Select Backup Disk and click the Remove Disk button.
- Next, click the Stop Using this disk button from the pop-up menu.
- Again, select the Add or Remove Backup Disk option from the Time Machine window.
- Choose the Time Machine disk and click on the Use Disk button.
- Now, start the backup process and check if the issue is solved.
You can fix the “Wd My Cloud Time Machine Backup Failed” issue on your Mac by following the above instructions. In case you need further clarifications, use the call option on this page to contact our technical experts.