How To Do Wd Photo Recovery
Deleting or losing data accidentally is a very common mistake that everyone makes. Fortunately, you can recover your lost or deleted files, photos, or videos within a few minutes.
So, if you have lost a file or folder that was stored on your external hard drive, don’t worry. You can recover it easily and quickly. This article shows you how to do Wd Photo Recovery.
Wd Photo Recovery - Let’s Begin The Procedure
Five easy and simple methods that help you recover the deleted photos from your WD external hard drive are covered below.
Important Note: The instructions below refer to a Windows computer.
Before you begin the WD Photo recovery process, ensure that your WD external hard drive is connected to the Windows computer.
- If you have configured the 'undo delete' feature on your Windows computer and deleted the photo just now, you can use the same feature to perform the recovery.
- Right-click on the blank area in the drive folder.
- Click on the Undo Delete option. The deleted photo (that you have lost recently) will be restored to your WD external hard drive.
It’s that simple and easy, right? But, the thing is that this method will not work if you want to recover the photo you deleted an hour ago. You need to try an alternative method to recover the deleted photo in this case.
Restoring From Recycle Bin
- When you delete something on your Windows computer, it is not deleted permanently. Instead, it is moved to the Recycle Bin.
- All the deleted files will be stored in this location for a specific period of time.
- So, to recover the photo that you deleted an hour ago, use the Recycle Bin app.
- Open Recycle Bin if it is closed. Choose the photo you want to recover.
- Next, right-click on the photo. Click Restore. The selected photo will be restored to its original location, i.e., your WD external hard drive.
Using The Recovery Software
- You can use the data recovery software for WD to recover the lost or deleted photo when the above two methods fail to perform the WD photo recovery process.
- Search, select, and install the data recovery software designed for your WD external hard drive on the computer.
- Open the recovery app. Choose your EHD (external hard drive) from the list.
- Click Search or Scan. Now, the data recovery software will scan the selected drive.
- The software will display the recovered files at the end of the scan. Choose the photo(s) you want to restore from the list and click Recover.
Windows File Recovery
- The Windows File Recovery app is provided by Microsoft. If the third-party app fails to perform the WD Photo recovery successfully, you can install and use this app to recover the deleted photos.
- Install the Windows File Recovery app (command-line tool) from the Microsoft Store.
- Now, open it. Type ‘winfr source-drive: destination-drive’ and tap Enter.
- For example, if your WD drive letter is X and you want to search and recover the deleted photo to it, type winfr X: X and tap Enter.
- If you want to recover the deleted data from the WD drive and save it to some other drive, type and run winfr X: destination drive letter. Now, the recovery tool will scan your drive and restore the detected photos to the destination drive.
Using The Wd Data Recovery Plan
- The WD drive manufacturer has partnered with a world leader in data recovery, Ontrack, to provide a trusted data recovery service to some specific products, such as WD My Passport, etc.
- So, if your product is eligible for the data recovery plan, visit the WD Data Recovery Job Submission page and submit your request for data recovery.
Contact us to learn more about Wd Photo Recovery. You can get in touch with our technical experts by making use of the Call button on this page. They will provide a quick response and assist in resolving your issues.