Why can't log in to the Netgear router?
The Netgear routers are one of the top setting brands. However, certain users are complaining about some issues that cause the Netgear router to not function. This could occur because of an incorrect IP address or some other browser-related problems. If you can't log in to the Netgear router, follow the troubleshooting steps given below.
We will now be looking at some of the troubleshooting steps to fix the unable to login issue.
- You need to make sure you are using the proper URL for the Netgear login page. It should either be routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com.
- Make sure you enter the correct login credentials for the router page.
- Username: admin
- Password: password
If you can't log in to the Netgear router still, the problem should definitely be with the browser you are using. Deleting the cookies and the cache can quickly fix the issue. We will now be looking at the steps to delete the cookies and cache on the browser.
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the three-dotted menu option on the top right corner of the browser.
- Click the Settings option from the list.
- The settings page will now open. On the left, locate and click the Privacy and Security tab.
- From the Privacy & Security section, select Clear Browsing history.
- In the pop-up window, click the checkbox for the option Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, Cached images and files.
- Once the selection is made, click the Clear Data button.
- Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Click the Settings option.
- Locate and click the Privacy & Security option and select the option ‘Clear private data.’
- You will now see a list from which you have to make selections. Click the checkbox for the option Cookies & active logins.
- Save the changes made.
If you are still facing the login error, use the given IP addresses (192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1) and see which one works.
- If you are using a wireless connection, there could be a signal problem that could be stopping you from logging in.
- Now, you can try to connect the computer to the router directly using an Ethernet cable.
Windows Security/ Windows Defender Firewall
Carry out the steps to disable Windows Security on your Windows computer because the firewall could block access to anything over the internet.
- Click the Windows icon located at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- In the Search option, enter Settings and press the Enter button.
- The Windows Settings page will open. Click the Update & Security option.
- Click the Windows Security option on the left side of the pane.
- Scroll down and click the Firewall & Network protection button on the right side of the page.
- Select the Public Network (active) option.
- Now, you have to disable Windows Defender Firewall.
If none of the options work, then you have to reset the Netgear router.
- Take out a safety pin, then flip your Netgear router.
- Insert the pin into the reset hole and hold it for at least 5 seconds.
- Once the router is reset, you can log in with the default credentials to configure the router settings and also update the router firmware.
- If you can't log in to the Netgear router, contact our technical team by clicking the call button displayed on this screen. >