Why Does Netgear Router Keep Disconnecting?
Why Does Netgear Keep Disconnecting?
Configuring a Netgear router is not difficult if you follow the quick setup procedure given on this page. Before configuring the router settings, make sure that you have completed the basic setup. If you are configuring the router for the first time, follow these steps. Also, let us see the reason Why Does Netgear Router Keep Disconnecting.
- Outdated computer driver
- Outdated router firmware
- Misconfigured router settings
Solution 1: Update your computer driver(s)
- It is important to keep the computer’s drivers up-to-date to access all the features of your computer.
- To update the computer’s driver, you have to go to its official manufacturer site.
- Once you are on the site, check if the driver file for Networking: Wireless/LAN is available.
- If yes, click on the driver file to download it.
- Once the download process is completed, open the driver file and install it on your computer.
- Now, check if the NETGEAR router connection issue is resolved.
- If not, then update the router’s firmware.
Solution 2: Update router’s firmware
- From your computer’s web browser, visit the NETGEAR support page.
- Select your product.
- Click the Downloads tab.
- Select and download the latest firmware file available for your router.
- Once the firmware file is downloaded, unzip it if required.
- Now, go to your router’s web access page.
- Click ADVANCED > Administration or Settings > Administration > Router Update or Firmware Update > Choose file or Browser.
- Select and upload the downloaded firmware file.
- Once the firmware is updated, check if the issue is resolved.
- If not, try the next solution.
Solution 3: Misconfigured router settings
- If your router broadcasts the signals using the 2.4 GHz networks, then change it to 5 GHz.
- Check if the Channel setting has been configured correctly. If necessary, set it to Auto.
- Check if the router’s wireless network mode is set to Mixed. If not, set it to Mixed and check if the issue is resolved.
- If you have no idea about your router’s settings, then reset it and check if the issue is resolved.
- To get remote assistance on Why Does Netgear Router Keep Disconnecting, contact us.