Why Is Amazon Echo Dot Offline?
After you connect your Amazon Echo Dot to a Wi-Fi network, sometimes, the device may show “offline.” When you restart the device, it can work properly for some time but might turn offline again. In such a case, you need to perform more actions to bring the device online. Continue to read to know why is Amazon Echo Dot offline and the different solutions to resolve the issue.
1. Loose power connection
- The first thing you should check is the power cord; if the cable’s ends are not secure, the device can go offline.
- Press the microphone button on the Amazon Echo device and see if the red light glows on the outlet ring.
- If it does not glow, then change the power outlet and check again.
2. Old Alexa app
- If you are managing the device using the Amazon Alexa app on your mobile, and the app shows that the device is offline, check if the app is out-of-date.
- IF so, open the App Store or Play Store to update the app.
- After the update is done, verify the status of the Amazon Echo Dot on the app.
3. Uninstall and reinstall the app
- Go to the Google Play Store or App Store and reinstall the Alexa app.
- Configure the app settings and verify if the error is withdrawn by checking the device status.
4. Check the Wi-Fi signal
- Make sure the Wi-Fi network is strong, and the Amazon Echo device is placed within the range of the network.
- If the router’s Wi-Fi network is weak, then restart the router and then connect the Amazon device to it.
- Verify the network connection and see the device status.
5. Verify the wireless settings
- After you change the router network password or username, the device may not connect to the network automatically.
- In such conditions, launch the Alexa app on the mobile.
- Tap the menu icon and select Settings.
- Following that, choose Device Settings and then select the Wi-Fi Network menu.
- Now, select Change beside the Wi-Fi Network, to edit the wireless network information saved on the app.
- Once the new settings are done, connect the device to the network, and see if the device status is “online.”
- Now we have seen Why Is Amazon Echo Dot Offline issue occurs and the solutions