Simplisafe Base Station Flashing Red
Why My Simplisafe Base Station Is Flashing Red?
- The base station is the main component of the SimpliSafe lock and the video camera doorbell.
- The base station should be connected to the power outlet to connect it to a wireless connection.
- The base station works when it is placed near the window that enables more connection coverage.
- Some error occurring in the Simplisafe device is that the base station is blinking rapidly in random colors.
- Here are some issues that respond to the constant blinking of the base station.
- The Base station LED comes with a total of 10 colors.
- The common blinking errors are:
- Slow red pulse
- Continuous red pulse
- Blue pulse
Slow red pulse
- The solution to your question is:
- Minor error: Check keypad for further details.
- The minor error might be as a result of power outages or due to some radio interference.
- Please wait until the house gets back it’s power and the SimpliSafe will start up automatically once it is paired to the Wi-Fi.
- In case of Radio interference, try moving other electronic devices away from your base station.
Continuous red pulse
- The red LED indicates the alarm you have set for your simplisafe base station.
- The pulse will last for 1-2 minutes before the LED turns solid red.
- You can simply turn off the alarm. Wait for the light to go, and the LED on base station will be remain solid.
For assistance in resolving the Simplisafe Base Station Flashing Red issue, contact our technical team by clicking the call button displayed on this screen.