Windows 10 S-mode Disable
Windows S mode is a version of Windows OS that streamlines security and performance in the best way possible. Although Microsoft calls S mode a security feature, many users find this to be a hindrance to how they use their computers. It is because this mode stops you from being able to install applications other than what’s available in the Microsoft Store. Moreover, you can use only Edge and Bing as your browser and search engine. This mode prevents you from using Chrome, Zoho Assist, or any other browser.
Fortunately, you have an option to disable S mode on your Windows computer. But, the process is irreversible, which means once you disable S mode on your Windows computer, you cannot enable it again. If you decide to proceed further, continue reading this article and learn How To Do Windows 10 S-Mode Disable.
Ensure That Your Computer Is In S Mode
To begin with, you should verify whether your computer is in S mode or not. Follow these instructions to know the right answer.
- On your Windows computer, click the Start menu in the lower-left corner of the screen and click the Settings option.
- When it takes you to the Settings section, click the System option in the left pane.
- Now, click the About option. When it shows you the specifications of your OS, check what edition your OS is.
- If it shows Windows 10 Home in S mode, it confirms that your computer is in Windows S mode. Now, let’s see how to disable this option.
How To Disable S Mode On Your Windows 10 Computer?
Here we have explained how to clear the Chrome browser cookies and cache data when Yahoo Mail is preventing you from signing in.
- On your Windows 10 computer, go to the Settings section.
- Select the Update & Security option.
- Click Activation in the left sidebar.
- In the Switch to Windows 10 Pro section, locate and click the Go to the Store option.
- Under the Switch out of S Mode section, click the Get button.
- Once you get a confirmation message, you can start installing apps other than those in the Microsoft Store.
- Great! You have disabled Windows 10 S mode successfully.
As discussed earlier, switching out of S mode is a one-way process. Once you have switched out of this mode, there is no way to go back. Therefore, before you do Windows 10 S-Mode Disable, ensure that you do it for good. If you have any other questions, reach us to talk to our technical experts using the Call button.