How to find the WPS PIN on your HP Printer?
WPS PIN on your HP Printer
You have your printer all set up and prepared to print. You've chosen to go the wireless route, i.e., connecting your printer to the PC over a network. Flawless! But then there's only one issue: the printer is giving you the "Enter the WPS PIN for your printer" message and will not associate with the PC or the router without it. You do not understand what this implies, and you want to know how this works. Not to stress, as we have the way to find the WPS PIN. Let us see how to find the WPS PIN on your HP Printer
What does WPS rely on, and for what reason do you need it?
- WPS is short for Wi-Fi Protected Setup. You need the WPS PIN to connect your computer to the HP printer while using Wi-Fi Direct, or for connecting the printer to a router for the WPS PIN connection method.
- Using a "WPS button" to associate your HP printer
- Once you enable Wi-Fi Direct on your HP printer, click the Network icon on your computer.
- Now, select the network SSID with the printer model and 'Wi-Fi Direct' mentioned.
- If the computer prompts for a PIN, you can find it on the printer's display or the sheet printed by the printer.
- Now, if you are using the WPS PIN method for the Wi-Fi setup, your router should be WPS-enabled.
- Once you enable the WPS PIN feature on your printer, a PIN will be displayed or printed by the printer.
- Now, go to the router's web setup page and enter this PIN in the Wi-Fi credentials field to establish the connection between the router and your printer.
- Now we have seen how to find the WPS PIN on your HP Printer