How to fix Youtube Tv Error 102?
In this digital world, most of us have our own smart devices like phones, TV, watch, etc. We also know that most of the smart devices require the Internet to work smart. Without a network, even smart TV is just a normal TV. So, now that we know how much the Internet is needed, let’s see what we should do when the connection drops, particularly when you are playing your favorite show on YouTube TV on your smart TV. Now, if you receive the YouTube TV error 10, you should first know what the error is. The Youtube Tv Error 102 encountered mostly by Samsung TV users while running the YouTube TV app. As discussed above, the smart TV without a network is useless. Error 102 also indicates the same. This error occurs when the TV fails to connect to Wi-Fi or when the TV is not connected to a stable internet connection.
Some other causes of this error are listed below:
- Incorrect DNS server settings
- TV’s MAC address is blocked
- Outdated firmware or software on the TV
- Problem in router or modem
- Poor network
- Bug in the TV
- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz network support
To resolve the YouTube TV error 102, carry out the following troubleshooting instructions.
Method 1: Check your router or modem’s status
- As soon as the error 102 is displayed on your Samsung TV’s screen, check whether your router or modem is turned ON.
- If yes, make sure that your router or modem is connected to the stable Internet.
- If your Internet connection is still poor/unstable, then contact your ISP to resolve it.
Method 2: Check DNS Server settings
Incorrect DNS server settings may also cause this error code. So, do a manual DNS Server configuration. To do so, follow the below instructions.
- Go to your Samsung TV’s Settings section.
- Select General > Network > Network Status > IP Settings.
- In the DNS Server field, enter the 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52. value.
- Now, check whether the error code 102 is resolved.
- If not, perform the next method.
Method 3: Unlock your TV’s MAC Address
If your TV’s MAC address has failed to connect to the Internet or it is blocked by your ISP, then there is a chance for you to encounter this error. To fix this error, reset Smart Hub or ask your ISP to check and unlock your TV’s MAC Address.
Resetting Smart Hub:
- Go to your TV’s Settings section.
- Select Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset Smart Hub.
- Now, check if the Youtube Tv Error 102 is resolved. If not, then ask your ISP to check and allow your TV’s MAC address.
Method 4: Update your TV’s firmware
- Check if your Samsung TV’s firmware is up-to-date.
- If not, update it and then check if the Youtube Tv Error 102 is resolved.
Method 5: Check your network’s signal strength
To check it, go to your TV’s Network Settings section. Check how many signal bars you can see. If it is between 1 to 2 bars, then move your router closer to the TV.
Method 6: Restart your TV
If a small bug is causing this error, then the restart process will clear it.
- To restart your TV, disconnect its power cable from it first while the TV is turned ON.
- Wait for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now, reconnect the power cable into the TV and turn it on.
Method 7: Change network range
If the above six methods don’t resolve the error 102, then try switching your network range between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. If you require assistance in performing any of the above troubleshooting methods to resolve the YouTube Tv error 102, then contact us via chat, call, or email.